Author Topic: Couatl Error after Newest FSDT Live update  (Read 4122 times)

imblegen

Couatl Error after Newest FSDT Live update
« on: December 01, 2019, 09:18:01 pm »
I have been putting off the latest update for a bit now, but finally ran it today. When I went to boot into the sim afterwards, however, I got an error saying that there was a problem with Couatl and that I needed to install the SA manager, which as far as I can tell has been replaced (for P3D at least) by the updater that caused the problem in the first place. Not sure how to fix this.

Ian Blegen
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:40:30 am by virtuali »

truthknown

Re: Couatl Error after Newest FSDT Live update
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 11:09:00 pm »
I am having the same problem. Couatl constantly restarts, cannot use the sim unless I choose not to load couatl, but then jetways are gone. Updated using the live update today.

pilotwannabe

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 12:51:13 am »
I too have suddenly started getting the message "The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart.  Please download and install the latest stand-alone Add-On Manager".  This message appears when I attempt to load P3Dv4, and the only way to continue with the loading process is to turn off Couatl.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
RE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 02:43:19 am »
I cannot reproduce this problem and, as you can see, several users confirmed the latest update has fixed the previous problem with GSX not seeing some sceneries, which the update has fixed:

here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20256.msg152204.html#msg152204

here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22538.msg152203.html#msg152203

and here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22516.msg152198.html#msg152198

The usual suggestions:

- Be sure you don't have a firewall blocking the update

- Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning

- Try again later, it might just that your local Cloudflare node hasn't been updated yet to get all the latest files

pilotwannabe

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 05:48:13 am »
Thanks for the prompt response, Umberto.

I did run FSDT Live Update again, but the problem persists and I still get the same error message when I launch P3Dv4.  I have attached the error file, in case it is of some use.

Hoping I can get this resolved.

Thanks,
RE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 02:28:43 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with the LATEST update, and it was already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22447.msg151597.html#msg151597

and here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22492.msg151897.html#msg151897

It wasn't obviously a "bug" on our updater, it's caused by the fact that, due to changes in the software ( which would make GSX loading faster ), the airport cache made with previous version is not compatible anymore, and must be cleared to be recreated from scratch.

Of course, the FSDT Live Update WILL clear that folder automatically but, it might not be able to do that if:

- An antivirus is interfering, preventing that folder to be cleared automatically as it should

OR

- You started the Live Updater while simulator was still running

OR

- You started the Live Update too quickly after exiting from the sim. If you have many add-ons, this could take a while, even well long after the simulator icon has disappeared from the Task Bar.

As discussed in the other threads about this, the latest version of the Live Update, after it tries to remove the airport cache folder, it also check if the folder is still there for some reason and if it is, it will give you a warning message about this, suggesting to clear the airport cache manually, in order to prevent the error.

Of course, since there's no limit of the kind of disruption a faulty antivirus or a mis-configured firewall can do, if one of these blocked the UPDATER ITSELF to prevent it to be updated, you might have not got to the latest version of the Live Updater *itself*, so you might have missed this warning, and you don't know what to do.

What you had to do, which is what the Live Updater should have suggested, assuming you got the latest version of it, is to remove the following folder manually, when the simulator is not running:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

And this will fix the error you reported. That's what the Live Update, when allowed to do its job, is supposed to do automatically and it also supposed to give you a warning, if it can't.

pilotwannabe

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 12:18:21 am »
Thank you very much Umberto.  Manually deleting the folder and running the Live Update did the trick.

Regards,
RE

scolei96

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 04:48:28 pm »
I tried removing the Couatl file but could not as it was running in in another program. I have no idea which program and can’t get the install to finish.

jeremy wright

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 08:56:06 pm »
This is the error I am getting even after even after doing the steps they listed.

couatl v4.0 (build 4475)
panic log started on Fri Dec  4 14:53:13 2020

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\addon.py", line 55, in <lambda>
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 487, in <lambda>
  File ".\common\youcontrol.py", line 233, in showMenusWithSameTag
  File ".\common\youcontrol.py", line 82, in showContainer
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 897, in checkOnGroundState
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 3370, in aircraftEngaged
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\jetwayOperations.py", line 85, in setJetwaysVars
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\jetwayOperations.py", line 269, in refreshSODEInternalJetways
AttributeError: JetwayOperations instance has no attribute 'airport'
{'Airport': 'SCEL', 'User Pos': (-33.39593304223977, -70.79606573661637, 477.755 m, 4.05149 m, 176.79958641607834)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 10:10:16 am »
This is the error I am getting even after even after doing the steps they listed.

Is this happening on that airport specifically, of everywhere else ?