Author Topic: GSX CTD issue P3dV5  (Read 3489 times)

jiequinn

GSX CTD issue P3dV5
« on: July 28, 2020, 12:24:02 pm »
Good morning guys,

Sorry to trouble you

I have been faced with some issues apologies in advance if this is a known issue but I have not been able to see my issue n your forum but GSX works great for boarding etc I will then complete my flight and land as soon as I hit ctrl+F12 to get the GSX menu I get a CTD. I copied below the contents of the Couatl error log from my last flight it is showing GCLP Gran Canaria which is where I landed at that time but this happens at every airport I land at but its fine for departure services.

I am using P3D v5.1 latest version

Hopefully its just a simple fix it may be something I need to update also and again apologies if this has already been covered.

Thanks

John Quinn

couatl v3.2 (build 4274)
panic log started on Thu Nov 14 22:10:19 2019

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'GCLP', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate T 4', 'User Pos': (27.93855681671825, -15.38816011298083, 23.4928 m, 2.47282 m, 291.5455124826367)}
User collision geometries reloaded
Slew mode False
View changed to Outside (ChasePlane)
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_CWom0029
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_Tiffany
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_Passenger_SWom03
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_CGirl0005
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_Passenger_CWom05
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_CMan0028
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_CBoy0006
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_Zoe
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_Passenger_BWom04
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_CBoy0007
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_Passenger_CMMan_07
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_Passenger_CWom05
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_Passenger_CMMan_04
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_Passenger_CMMan_07
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_CBoy0008
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger03
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_Passenger_Boy_1
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_Passenger_MMan_04
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_Passenger_BWom05
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_Elias
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_Sophia
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_CGirl0004
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_Sean
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_CBoy0006
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_Sean
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_CGirl0005
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_Johnny
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_Alice
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_Passenger_CMMan_04
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_CBoy0008
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_CMan0027
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger02
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_Passenger_BMMan_04
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_Alice
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_Tymothy
Warning: attempted setData on destroyed SimObject FSDT_JTW_Passenger_Minh
disconnected from SimConnect.

greycap

Re: GSX CTD issue P3dV5
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 01:16:18 pm »
I'm getting exactly the same problem.  My flight works perfectly, including use of GSX before take-off, landing and taxi-in are fine, including the GSX Follow-Me but as soon as I press Cntrl+Tab+F12 to operate the jetway, I get a crash.

I think this may be something to do with Microsoft Visual C++,  which Microsoft updated automatically on the 27th July, please see attached.   I understand VCRUNTIME140.dll is part of Visual C++.   crashed when I tried to dock the jetway at EiDW.  I ignored this first crash blaming Microsoft for doing updates while I was simming.

However, MS seems to have fiddled with the 2005 version of Visual C++ on the 28th and I got a second crash on trying to dock the jetway on landing at EKCH.  The Couatl log I have is for the 28th....   oddly this shows the problem starting at my DEPARTURE airport (EIDW) even though P3D crashed on arrival at EKCH.  I don't recall any actual problem at EIDW.

I've since un-installed Visual C++ 2019 X64 and X86 and re-installed them from new downloads.  I haven't been able to do a flight to see if the problem has been solved.

jiequinn

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 05:59:19 pm »
Just a wee update on this

I deleted the Couatl folder from C:\ProgramData\Virtuali and did a fresh install of GSX did 2 flights yesterday and not an issue - Happy days!

Matty21

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 07:33:01 pm »
Just a wee update on this

I deleted the Couatl folder from C:\ProgramData\Virtuali and did a fresh install of GSX did 2 flights yesterday and not an issue - Happy days!
hey I’ve been getting this issue did you delete it then install again when did yours crash mine is happy if I call for pushback

jiequinn

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 10:29:21 pm »
take it back that didn't fix it don't know what the issue is... all the boarding and everything is fine flight is fine the min I land and request deboarding at the gate boom it crashes.... I have plenty of VAS left too so not sure what is causing it

Matty21

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 10:42:30 pm »
Looks as if we’re gonna have to wait for LM to fix

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 09:27:50 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's a known problem than, when ANY application use the standard Simconnect transparent menu, including the default ATC with no add-ons installed, the sim MIGHT crash ( not always, but sometimes it does ).

When the sim crashes abruptly, it's normal you might also see errors in the Couatl.log, because when the connection is interrupted this way, all sort of errors can happen.

LM is aware of this and their are looking into a fix.

Ebertr

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 06:21:37 pm »
Actually i thought that the problem is gone with replacing the USB audio device. But still have CTD at the end of the GSX pushback. It happens in 4 of 10 use.

It happends at that moment GSX ask to confirm a good engine start. I unchecked this feature now at the GSX configuration. No more problems.

I know that P3D has a problem with the transparent windows. But my feeling is, their might be a problem in the communication between GSX and P3D.

Ruediger

greycap

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 01:14:24 pm »
Reinstalling Visual C++ seems to have done it for me.  Completed a flight yesterday and on arrival, the GSX menu once again opened and operated properly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 11:07:22 pm »
I know that P3D has a problem with the transparent windows. But my feeling is, their might be a problem in the communication between GSX and P3D.

No because, as confirmed multiple times on LM forum, it happens when any transparent window, sometimes even the default ATC with NO GSX installed.

But it doesn't happen immediately, sometimes you must use it many times before you see a crash, and that's why you are probably assuming it's a "communication problem" in GSX: because you are using the GSX menu more often than other apps, so you only increase the chances for a crash to be happening.

As already explained, several times, the Simconnect call to create a menu hasn't changed in YEARS and surely hasn't changed in P3D V5, the call is exactly the same, used in exactly the same way as it always was so, if it really was a GSX problem, you should have happened in all simulators just the same, because the "communication" between GSX and the sim to create a menu is SUPPOSED to be IDENTICAL.

It's again the old story, which already happened a couple of years ago when P3D 4.0x something had a BUG in the menu, which made the entries to be automatically selected without doing anything, and back then people were also absolutely convinced "it was a GSX problem" because, of course, even back then GSX was one of the most popular apps that used that menu, and that bug in the sim made it almost unusable. Of course, the problem was fixed by LM with an update, with no changes required on our part.

And yes, since the crash happens in VCRUNTIME, it's possible it might be related to a problem with VC++ redistributables, in a way that perhaps, a Microsoft update is preventing a crash but, again, it's entirely outside our control.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:09:19 pm by virtuali »