Author Topic: Why did I get GSX with my FS2020 Preorder download  (Read 4697 times)

Army Paratrooper

Why did I get GSX with my FS2020 Preorder download
« on: July 16, 2020, 11:29:55 pm »
Greeting Fellow Simmers,

Yesterday I pre-ordered the Premium Deluxe Edition of the upcoming Flight Simulator 2020. After submitting my payment, an "Install" link became available. Upon clicking on Install, a number of things were added to my computer, including:

1. an FS2020 launch icon (which I know will not work until the official release on August 18th (I tried it anyway, just for the heck of it)
2. a "Digital Ownership" icon from Microsoft
3. and a complete download of GSX. It's a trial version with like 4 or so functioning airports.    

My question is, why was GSX included in my purchase? I'm not complaining. Although I had never heard of, or tried GSX before, I really liked it. But again, i am curious as to why it downloaded with my pre-order purchase of FS2020. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Jaime
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 12:33:53 am by Army Paratrooper »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Why did I get GSX with my FS2020 Preorder download
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 09:35:47 am »
Even if Microsoft decided ( without contacting us ), to include a Trial version of GSX with their installation, it would seem a little odd to include a product that currently supports only FSX and P3D. I'm fairly sure the GSX installer must have been downloaded by you earlier, so you found it in the same download folder as the MSFS installer icon, but I assure you it didn't arrive with the MS download.

Yes, we are of course planning to bring GSX to the new MSFS, because it's our most popular add-on but, it will take a while.

Army Paratrooper

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 01:01:18 pm »
Hello Virtuali,

Thanks for the response. I can assure you that the GSX installer was not downloaded me earlier. The download occurred when I was in the process of purchasing MSFS, and I had no other windows open. I'd never heard of GSX until then. Oh well, I guess it's just one of those weird things. Thanks again.

Regards,

Jaime   

FireCapt

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 09:10:00 pm »
that's news to me. I pre ordered too and didn't see any reference to GSX on the items I've installed already.  ;)