Author Topic: [Solved] Cannot load GSX Level 2 after 2.6.0.0 update  (Read 2508 times)

garydpoole

[Solved] Cannot load GSX Level 2 after 2.6.0.0 update
« on: September 11, 2019, 06:20:26 pm »
Hello

Happily been running 2.4.0.0 for months now, but I decided that it was time to update to get all the, "new stuff".

So ran the Live Updater outside of P3DV4.4, which seemed to go without as hitch. Unfortunately, straight off the bat, I'm now receiving a message telling me that my, "bglmanx.dll" is out of date with some instructions to run the Live Updater again. Have now done this twice, but to no avail, message keeps appearing.

I have "Addon Manager" excluded by Windows Defender and have also run, "couatl.exe --test" with no errors received.

Obviously, I now have no GSX menu options available with P3D...

Any ideas what's now going on ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 06:49:09 pm by garydpoole »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot load GSX Level 2 after 2.6.0.0 update
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 06:25:29 pm »
The antivirus is the only possible reason why the .DLL cannot be updated, most likely it let download most of the files, but not all of them.

Be sure you really excluded the Addon Manager folder from scanning, and you are running the Live Update when the simulator is not running and not too quick after it has closed. To be 100% sure, try a Live Update soon after a Windows restart.

If that still doesn't work, try downloading and installing the latest GSX full installer.

garydpoole

Re: Cannot load GSX Level 2 after 2.6.0.0 update
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 06:48:39 pm »
The antivirus is the only possible reason why the .DLL cannot be updated, most likely it let download most of the files, but not all of them.

Be sure you really excluded the Addon Manager folder from scanning, and you are running the Live Update when the simulator is not running and not too quick after it has closed. To be 100% sure, try a Live Update soon after a Windows restart.

If that still doesn't work, try downloading and installing the latest GSX full installer.

Many thanks for the suggestions - running the Live Update after a reboot seemed to do the trick.

Regards