Author Topic: FSDT Live Update  (Read 2000 times)

James8133

FSDT Live Update
« on: September 09, 2019, 06:08:38 pm »
Good morning,
 Yesterday when I loaded up my FSX, I got a message that FSDT had a few updates. So, I ended up closing FSX and seeing what the update was. I clicked on the "FSDT Live Update" icon, and when I clicked "update", I got this message. "This Update requires to install the latest GSX Full installer first, please download and install it to use Live Update." Note, whenever I first bought FSDT Products, I never bought GSX. I've always used Aerosoft's AES instead. Do I still need to "install" what FSDT wants in order for it to update? I'm really confused, and I could use some help figuring what I need to do. Thanks in advance!  :)

Sincerely,

James Stump
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Live Update
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 12:42:58 am »
GSX is free to use at all FSDT airports and, most of them now requires it, to create jetways, marshallers, docking systems, etc. so yes, it's required to be installed to use FSDT airports, but it's not required to be bought.

James8133

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 04:37:59 am »
Can I disable GSX and still use AES though?
Sincerely,

James Stump

James8133

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 06:05:56 pm »
Can you lead me to the correct form to what's different about the KLAX Update? I don't see much of a difference. The same goes for KJFK.
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 06:13:58 pm »
Can I disable GSX and still use AES though?

GSX is not like AES, it never starts automatically so, if you don't want to use it, just not call it.