Author Topic: Help needed: GSX still sees Default Scenery  (Read 3647 times)

ebattle

Help needed: GSX still sees Default Scenery
« on: September 02, 2019, 07:05:07 pm »
Hello,

I'm having a problem at SXAD's Birmingham Airport scenery. The scenery is installed just fine, but I see floating and misplaced GSX Gates. When I dig into GSX customization, I can see that GSX is still looking to the default airport's AFCAD (APX24200.bgl). How do I stop this?

See the screenshot for clarification of what I'm trying to describe.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxcfzffplc3c9jc/SXAD%20KBHM%20Problem.png?dl=0

Thanks,
Emerson

EDIT: I forgot to mention, \AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX DOES NOT have any KBHM.ini file in it at all.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 07:08:14 pm by ebattle »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help needed: GSX still sees Default Scenery
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 10:39:44 pm »
I'm having a problem at SXAD's Birmingham Airport scenery. The scenery is installed just fine, but I see floating and misplaced GSX Gates. When I dig into GSX customization, I can see that GSX is still looking to the default airport's AFCAD (APX24200.bgl). How do I stop this?

GSX will read the AFCAD in scenery area priority order and if an AFCAD is not read, there might be many reasons ( not complete, too big, corrupted, not in the correct order, etc.).

You can try enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and choose "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" in the Couatl menu.

After the cache has been rebuilt, if the correct AFCAD is still not used, exit the sim and check the log file at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG, if it says some files has been rejected and why.

ebattle

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 12:26:29 am »
GSX will read the AFCAD in scenery area priority order and if an AFCAD is not read, there might be many reasons ( not complete, too big, corrupted, not in the correct order, etc.).

You can try enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and choose "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" in the Couatl menu.

After the cache has been rebuilt, if the correct AFCAD is still not used, exit the sim and check the log file at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG, if it says some files has been rejected and why.

I followed your instructions and the problem still remains. I've attached the log. I don't really understand ALL of what it's saying, so I thought I'd let you see. Any further suggestions?

ebattle

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 01:38:37 am »
It's worth noting... I haven't done anything extra to the AFCAD or the airport yet. Would removing the airport itself and then reinstalling it help? I'm not picky about HOW it's fixed, I just want to GET it it fixed.

ebattle

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 02:36:48 am »
Can anyone provide any further support?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 10:46:55 am »
Nothing in your log indicates you installed that scenery for KBHM. Which is the exact path of its installation ? And how has been installed, with a scenery.cfg addition or with the add-on.xml method ?

ebattle

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 12:52:22 am »
Nothing in your log indicates you installed that scenery for KBHM. Which is the exact path of its installation ? And how has been installed, with a scenery.cfg addition or with the add-on.xml method ?

Sorry, I just noticed your reply. I installed it with Add-On Organizer for P3Dv4 using the Add-On XML Method. It's exact path is D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD KBHM. I do this with all my sceneries just to help keep my scenery library organized. I don't know GSXs in's and out's, in this instance would installing it as a scenery.cfg addition help?

Emerson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 12:59:28 am »
Your log indicate several sceneries from SXAD are installed:

using "D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD HOBBY_P3Dv4\scenery" (layer 264)
using "D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD KAMA\scenery" (layer 265)
using "D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD KBNA\KBNA LP\scenery" (layer 266)
using "D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD KBNA\KBNA HP\scenery" (layer 267)
using "D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD KORF\scenery" (layer 268)
using "D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD KPNS\scenery" (layer 269)

But KBHM is not there so, there must be something wrong/different in its add-on.xml.

ebattle

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 01:26:54 am »
Your log indicate several sceneries from SXAD are installed:

using "D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD HOBBY_P3Dv4\scenery" (layer 264)
using "D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD KAMA\scenery" (layer 265)
using "D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD KBNA\KBNA LP\scenery" (layer 266)
using "D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD KBNA\KBNA HP\scenery" (layer 267)
using "D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD KORF\scenery" (layer 268)
using "D:\Lockheed Martin\Add-ons\SXAD\SXAD KPNS\scenery" (layer 269)

But KBHM is not there so, there must be something wrong/different in its add-on.xml.

Do you think uninstalling and reinstalling the airport will help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 01:27:46 am »
Could you please post its add-on.xml as well ? Don't post it, but ZIP the file and Attach it to a post, so I can see the actual file.

ebattle

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 01:32:12 am »
Could you please post its add-on.xml as well ? Don't post it, but ZIP the file and Attach it to a post, so I can see the actual file.
As Requested...

I'm about to leave my computer though. No rush, I won't be able to reply/troubleshoot until about this time tomorrow. Thanks for the help!!

ebattle

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 05:42:03 pm »
I deleted and re-installed KBHM and switched it to a scenery.cfg entry in the process. That seems to have fixed my issue. GSX now sees the correct bgl file. Thank you for your help!