Author Topic: August 6th Update  (Read 5078 times)

RFarmah

August 6th Update
« on: August 06, 2019, 11:21:25 pm »
I just installed the update that came out today vis the Couatl Live Update, and as a result, all of my jetways have gone missing in default airports, both generic and SODE (not from GSX level 2, but imaginesim default SODE). I've tried uninstalling and redoing the update, but my gates are still missing. Is there any guidance on what to do?

RFarmah

Re: August 6th Update
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 11:30:34 pm »
I also get this message when trying to run GSX (image below). Everything was working perfectly before the update but now GSX doesn't run and all of my default SODE jetways have vanished. When I uninstall GSX, the jetways all work great. When I reinstall GSX, SODE jetways go away and GSX keeps crashing with an 'unrecoverable error.' GSX has been working great and I literally only started experiencing problems after I installed this update when prompted to when I was in FSX and opened the GSX window.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:56:13 pm by RFarmah »

marknie

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 11:58:46 pm »
I think this update is deeply flawed. My system wont even do it So I am avoiding it, thank god!
Capn Mark Niebauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 12:59:39 am »
The update works just fine and doesn't have any problems.

As already explained, so many times, each time there's an update (when some user always mistakenly assume the update has "problems"), it takes some time to both upload files *and* for the new files to propagate to the network of 170 Cloudflare servers around the world.

Which means, if you run the Live Update while the upload and replication is not yet complete, it's likely you'll have issues.

The solution, as explained so many times, is just wait a bit, and try the Live Update again later, until you'll see no files are still downloaded.

RFarmah

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 02:00:17 am »
I just uninstalled GSX fully along with the rest of FSDreamTeam, and did a brand new install. I am still experiencing the exact same problems. I am missing all of my SODE jetways and GSX crashes upon launch. Is there any steps I am missing or anything else I can do? Everything was working before and currently does work without GSX installed. The problem returns when I install GSX as the updated version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 02:02:15 am »
Read my latest reply, it already included everything you need to know.

RFarmah

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 02:30:07 am »
My third attempt was about 3 hours after my first. Should i be waiting overnight for the update to fully load, or another specified time amount so that I'm not downloading the incomplete update?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 02:33:06 am »
My third attempt was about 3 hours after my first. Should i be waiting overnight for the update to fully load, or another specified time amount so that I'm not downloading the incomplete update?

The time it takes to update all the servers of the Cloudflare network can be immediate, or can be several hours, and it's something entirely outside our control, it really depends on your region. Of course, you can try downloading the latest full installer, which has been updated too, so it already contains the latest files.

And, of course, as usual, you must be absolutely sure no firewall/antivirus is blocking the download or, even worse, lets some files to be downloaded, and blocking others (this is usually the antivirus fault), because a mix-up between old and new version of some files would surely cause a lot of issues. Be sure you exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning in the antivirus settings.

RFarmah

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 06:22:18 am »
I made sure to turn off any anti-virus and firewall software so that the download could perform, but I am experiencing the same problem. below are images of before the update and after. I've tried a full clean uninstall and reinstall, requiring codes and such, but all SODE jetways disappear when I install GSX level one or two now, and it still crashes when I load. I ran the error message and attached it below. I get this message at any airport that has SODE Jetways. I've been using FSDreamTeam Products, especially GSX, for a few years now and have never had this problem. I've done everything suggest and what I know to do and don't really know where to go or what to do from here. Any further guidance would be greatly appreciated, and I have tried everything suggested in this specific forum post as well.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 06:23:55 am by RFarmah »

RFarmah

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 06:24:34 am »
Attached is the error message i'm receiving

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 12:49:53 pm »
Attached is the error message i'm receiving

Your log is not the detailed one so, since you cannot access GSX, you should do the following to enable Logging:

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Delete %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali again

- Run the sim, then exit after it disappear after the cache recreation.

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

RFarmah

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 05:56:23 pm »
Attached the zip below.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 07:52:41 pm »
Your log show no error, most likely because you must have quit too soon, before the error happens. Try again and, when you see the request to restart Couatl, choose NO and exit the sim.

RFarmah

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 08:04:18 pm »
This is after calling up the error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 08:16:35 pm »
Your log shows the problem surely doesn't have anything to do with GSX, because it says it cannot find an object called FSDT_Staircase_SQ, which is *SURELY* installed, since it's a standard object that comes with GSX.

The most likely reason is, you or another utility have altered the FSX.CFG file after it was modified by the GSX installer to include the Simobjectpaths to the GSX objects. This can happen, for example, if you restored the FSX.CFG to a previous state, one before the GSX installation.

Or, if your FSX.CFG was *corrupted*, the GSX installer hasn't touched it, to be sure it won't end up corrupting it even more.

Please post your FSX.CFG, usually located here:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG