Author Topic: GSX level 2 triple jetway issue  (Read 1840 times)

mpanis

GSX level 2 triple jetway issue
« on: August 04, 2019, 08:25:59 pm »
Hello all,

it seems that i have encountered an issue with triple jetway configuration, until now encountered at Fsdreamteam KLAX and Aerosoft EGLL. Might i add that i use cartayna configurations for both of those airports, so it might the configuration that causes this. Anyway, with use of PMDG 747-8 and also 777-300 (these are the ones i am using, i dont know if it happens with other aircraft) either when i request boarding or deboarding, the INNER and MIDDLE jetways BOTH dock on 1L and the outer (meant for A380's I guess) docks to 2L. I tried to use the alternative of requesting OPERATE JETWAYS instead, by selecting by myself where each jetway goes, without using at all the OUTER one of course, but then again when the time comes to request boarding, GSX undocks the jetways and starts redocking them wherever it wants by itself. Can someone help me with this issue and explain to me how to fix it. I tried looking in the forum by going through a lot of posts with no luck. I would really appreciate it if i received some guidance.

George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX level 2 triple jetway issue
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 02:30:12 am »
The jetways go:

- where you say they should

AND

- where they CAN dock, which is dependent by your airplane door configuration and where you parked.

I tried to use the alternative of requesting OPERATE JETWAYS instead, by selecting by myself where each jetway goes

I don't understand you. The Operate jetways is IDENTICAL to boarding or deboarding, just that it doesn't board or deboard anything, but jetways are selected exactly in the same way, by you telling which one you want to use.

but then again when the time comes to request boarding, GSX undocks the jetways and starts redocking them wherever it wants by itself

Sorry, but this doesn't happen. Are you sure you use the latest GSX version and the latest SODE ?

mpanis

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 01:26:27 pm »
First of all i forgot to mention in my initial post that i use P3Dv4.5 even though this might have obvious to you already. Also, i have SODE 1.6.4 which i think is the latest and since i use the latest FSDT live updater  day after day, if not every day, i beleive i also have the latest GSX updates.
I also forgot to mention that i have these issues if i have AutoMode checked, because obviously if i don't, it asks me where to dock each jetway either i use BOARDING or OPERATE JETWAYS command and i basically have no issue there, therefore it seems to be an AutoMode bug.
If you can confirm that the above described issue occurs due to an AutoMode bug (or if SODE its not fully compatible with the latest GSX updates) i can understand why its happening but if its not then there something wrong because its really happening the way i described above.

Thank you again for your support

George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 01:53:46 am »
I also forgot to mention that i have these issues if i have AutoMode checked

Your forgot the most important thing...

First, be sure you are using the configuration that comes with GSX, since they are both internally supported. To be sure of this, check the airplane configuration page and be sure it says "internal data". If it doesn't, press the RESET button to restore the default GSX config and try again.

If still doesn't work, please indicate a reproducible case:

- the airport used

- the scenery used

- the gate used, and if you parked correctly according to the GSX stop position.