Author Topic: Latest GSX update causes CDT  (Read 2085 times)

Cfoley

Latest GSX update causes CDT
« on: July 28, 2019, 05:17:33 pm »
I was getting pop up messages in FSX when I load a flight that there were updates available for GSX.  I delayed in downloading them for about 2 weeks because sometimes I will get new issues in FSX when I do a GSX update.   This time I did the update because at KSFO with a QW757,  the passenger loading went on and on.  178 passengers boarded.  GSX would  show the loading of the passengers, and even after that was finished,  the noise of loading passengers continued on, even though there was no visibility of the boarding passengers.  After waiting  about 45 minutes, I had enough of the boarding and exited the flight. Usually the boarding  does not take that long, but on this flight, it never ended, and I downloaded the latest GSX update.  After downloading the update,  I get a CDT for QW757 after selecting it from the FSX menu.  It only happens with QW757.

Cfoley
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 05:23:15 pm by Cfoley »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Latest GSX update causes CDT
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 05:29:36 pm »
Did you update the QualityWings 757? If not, you need to do so since they no longer use the Add-on Manager as of the latest update. I suspect this is your problem. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:

https://www.flight1.com/upgradeserial.asp?id=1
Captain Kevin

Cfoley

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 05:38:12 pm »
I have gone through QW, but it is a nightmare! Spent hours on it.  My purchase certificate will not take.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 05:44:13 pm by Cfoley »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 02:47:49 pm »
Just to confirm, in the above link, you used your serial number starting with QW757?
Captain Kevin

Cfoley

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 06:56:50 pm »
My QW 757 serial number does not work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 11:35:49 am »

It's no use discussing this issue here. The only sure things are:

- If you install an *old* version of the QW757 after GSX, it WILL surely cause problem, since it will install an outdated version of the Addon Manager. This means, you MUST install the latest version, the one that uses the Flight1 installer.

- The new version don't have ANY interaction with our Addon Manager anymore, and the current version of the Addon Manager that comes with GSX doesn't have ANY knowledge of the QW757 product and won't interact with it in any way.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 07:39:06 pm »
Yes, and I am asking you to confirm that you used the serial number starting with QW757 and not the order number. Both are two completely different things.
Captain Kevin