Author Topic: GSX2 PBR Plane Liftup before Push?  (Read 2989 times)

Airbuspeter

GSX2 PBR Plane Liftup before Push?
« on: July 06, 2019, 02:41:39 pm »
Comes a fix where the aircraft is lifted when the pushback vehicle docks?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 PBR Plane Liftup before Push?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 02:50:41 pm »
The pushback surely lifts the airplane.  It doesn't do anything strange or out of standard: it simply sends a standard command via Simconnect to pitch the airplane up a few decimal degrees.

If it doesn't lift some 3rd party airplanes, it's possible the airplane uses some kind of custom ground handling simulation which prevents GSX to have it lifted, because the two are both acting on the airplane at the same time.

GSX has published variables that airplane developers can check, to know when GSX is pushing, to momentarily turn off any custom simulation they might have in place ( like nose wheel steering, ground handling, bypass pin, etc. ), which would cause issues while GSX pushing.

We cannot fix the problem on our side, since we cannot hack into the airplane code to turn off every non-standard simulation which might be running that would result the airplane to behave differently than a standard airplane, and it wouldn't be right if we tried that. And, no 3rd party airplane I know of has a documented way to turn off these systems remotely by other apps so, the only solution is they would do it from their own side.

Airbuspeter

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 03:05:31 pm »
hmmm, I use PMDG and FSlabs.
but the airplane is not lifted.where is the fault?you can only see that the nose wheel hydraulics are pressed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 03:22:13 pm »
hmmm, I use PMDG and FSlabs. but the airplane is not lifted.where is the fault?you can only see that the nose wheel hydraulics are pressed

As I've said, both these planes use a custom ground handling, so that's must be the reason. I'll ask FS Labs if this is the case, and if they could turn it off while pushing. I'm afraid PMDG won't change their code to adapt to GSX.

AirbusA330

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 04:23:09 pm »
That's really sad because most people use planes from these two developers. I also noticed that when a PMDG plane (in my case the 77L) is lifted, the nosegear strut comperesses instead of staying in shape. So the nosegear compresses but the fuselage doesn't get liftet noticable.

But I really appreciate that you put so much effort in developing a "working" towbarless tractor. I'd really appreciate to have more different models of those..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 04:30:19 pm »
That's really sad because most people use planes from these two developers.

Before the PBR update, there was no pushback animation at all so, NO airplane were ever raised, not even those from these two developers.

I also noticed that when a PMDG plane (in my case the 77L) is lifted, the nosegear strut comperesses instead of staying in shape. So the nosegear compresses but the fuselage doesn't get liftet noticable.

That's what happens indeed and, as I've said, there's just nothing we can do on our side, because what's must be happening, is the airplane must have some kind of custom ground handling that is locking it up on ground constantly.

I'll discuss it with FS Labs, I'm sure they will be willing to listen.

Airbuspeter

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 05:48:09 pm »
Great. I'm looking forward to the result. thanks.

AirbusA330

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 11:02:57 pm »
Great, thanks for your work on this topic!

Airbuspeter

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 10:48:03 am »
Servus, has something happened in the meantime? is there any new information regarding the problem?
In my first post, I said that PMDG(737) does not lift at push.I checked it again and it actually lifts.only FSlabs still has the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 03:46:22 pm »
In my first post, I said that PMDG(737) does not lift at push.I checked it again and it actually lifts.only FSlabs still has the problem.

I don't think there's anything we can do to see the pushback raising these planes, since they both seems to have a custom ground handling simulation, which is keeping the airplane on ground.

We'll try discussing this with FS Labs, maybe this could be fixed if they disabled it while GSX is pushing.