Author Topic: Cannot install into older P3D4 **SOLVED**  (Read 1561 times)

sinoogni

Cannot install into older P3D4 **SOLVED**
« on: August 12, 2019, 05:07:05 pm »
Completely frustrated!

I bought GSX + GSX Level 2 about two months ago, installed it and had no problems until 2 weeks ago.
It stopped working and cannot be properly reinstalled anymore neither shows up in the menu bar of P3D v4.

Clueless, as I did everything I know of that can be done. (Anti-Virus OFF at all times! Run as ADMIN at all times!):

- read all the tips and hints in the forum (Yes! Anti-Virus and Admin, I know and I did!)
- deinstalled (User/Local/..., User/Roaming/..., Programs(x86)/..., Addon Manager, ... etc., all the folders properly) and reinstalled P3D
- removed GSX completely prior to reinstallation of P3D
- restarted computer after each and all deinstallations and reinstallations
- Excluded all GSX (couatl, Addon Manager, ect.) folders in the Anti-Virus
- put Addon Manager into other folder than P3D
- added AppPath to registry to make it work, then deleted those from registry again because it wasn´t the cause
- deleted all Redistributable CC++ (2005 SP1, 2013, 2015) files completely, then downloaded them again from Microsoft and installed them
- did the GSX Live update a hundred times
- used the fsdreamteam 32bit and 64bit installer from the website
- reinstalled first P3D v3 then P3D v4 again

..... THIS PROGRAM ISN´T GONNA WORK

Moreover I found that when I use the 32bit installer from fsdreamteam it says: "P3D v4 is not supported by this installer",
and if I use the 64bit installer it says: "Version 4.4 is minimum for the installer". (Screenshots attached)

So what installer should I use for P3D v4 then??

Also, I noticed the more often I install P3D the fewer versions of P3D are found by the installer!
First installation it still finds v4, although it says that v4 is not supported.
But the next time I reinstall everything it doesn´t even find version 2 nor 3 anymore.

Please help. I don´t wanna have spend all that money in vain for a product that was actually great for 2 months.

Thanks a lot for any help! Much appreciated.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 09:56:02 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Cannot install into older P3D4 **SOLVED**
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 07:10:07 pm »
The latest version of GSX includes PBR, which is why 4.4 is required at a minimum. You'll need to update both Client and Content for PBR to work.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 09:56:26 pm by virtuali »
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot install into older P3D4 **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 09:55:45 pm »
..... THIS PROGRAM ISNĀ“T GONNA WORK

Of course it will.

Moreover I found that when I use the 32bit installer from fsdreamteam it says: "P3D v4 is not supported by this installer"

Of course, that's why there's a separate P3D4 installer

and if I use the 64bit installer it says: "Version 4.4 is minimum for the installer". (Screenshots attached)

Isn't the message clear enough ? Your P3D4 is outdated, so you must update it before you can use the latest GSX version.