Author Topic: Pushback turning point  (Read 4188 times)

Golfs

Pushback turning point
« on: July 10, 2019, 08:55:26 am »
Hi,

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, after the GSX PBR update during pushback the turning point is now on the taxiway causing the aircraft to overshoot the taxiway centre line & then turn back to the centre line.

Before the update the turn point was half way between the stand & taxiway. I've tried unticking the snap to afcad but it still overshoots the centre line.

Beat578

Re: Pushback turning point
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 11:10:15 am »
There has been another topic about just the same a few hours before: I'ts because the courve of the pushback had to be smoothed for another bug to be fixed. It could happen with large planes. But you can adapt the pushback with the "don't stick to afcad" and create smooth and perfect pushbacks for every stand.
Beat578

Golfs

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 11:56:43 am »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I did try unticking the stick to afcad in the airport config setup but it was still doing the same.

Is the only way to use free pushback & manually adjust the pushback & select the turning point for each stand?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 12:25:17 am »
I've tried unticking the snap to afcad but it still overshoots the centre line.

You cannot just untick the snap setting, and hope something will change. That setting is ONLY used when you create a Custom Pushback and, if Snap mode is off, you'll have to define both the Pushback end point and heading AND the curve corner.

This last one is the one that, when set correctly, will allow to do pushback way more correct and precise and tight than ever before.

We would like to have a tutorial on this but, since we are still planning to update the interface, we would like to wait until it's really finished, so we won't have to redo the tutorial again.

Golfs

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 08:08:51 am »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It makes more sense now

The GSX update is great - thank you for the update!

thomas747400

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 09:31:05 am »
Hi,

I have recently purchased GSX v1 and v2. I have the same issue with the aircraft pushback turn commencing too late causing significant overshoot. Unfortunately, I don't quite follow the above posts.
Is there a way to fix the overshoot on none custom pushbacks?

I fly the Sim-Avionics Posky B777-200 in P3Dv4.5

Regards
Thomas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 10:44:25 am »
Is there a way to fix the overshoot on none custom pushbacks?

We already confirmed in another thread the fix for the automatic pushback will come with the next update, which will likely be released next week, together with the new O'Hare airport.

It's not really a fix, but rather a new feature, because the change happened to prevent the truck to do a 180 over the front gear in some cases, but this resulted in pushing big airplanes using a larger curve radius. The update will have the approach node to be moved a bit if it's too far from the parking, so it will do automatically what you could do now with a custom pushback.