Author Topic: Blurry vehicle textures and problems with PBR  (Read 1749 times)

Danielgarzag

Blurry vehicle textures and problems with PBR
« on: July 02, 2019, 09:44:18 pm »
So I got GSX working but the textures on the vehicles are very blurry and it looks very bad, and the cargo boxes are all black and don't show PBR working correctly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Blurry vehicle textures and problems with PBR
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 09:53:32 pm »
So, you removed the shaders and/or the Prepar3d.cfg file and, guess what, both the sim and GSX are now working ? So much for all the "it's caused by GSX" drama...next time, please trust me and follow my suggestions.

Anyway, if you fixed it by removing the Prepar3d.cfg file, is normal you graphics might look worse now, because it has reverted all your settings to a default reasonable for your hardware. You probably have your settings much higher before, which would of course increase the quality, but it will also require more VRAM.

So, go through your settings, one by one, and see how much you can improve the quality, without crashing your system. I think your previous crashes were caused by VRAM exhaustion, not normal RAM (which is almost impossible in 64 bit)

Punit

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 02:26:39 pm »
And what about the black cargo boxes he is talking about. I have the same problem but there is not response from 'virtuali'

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 07:16:20 pm »
Blurry textures are caused by our texture resolution in the sim too low.

Black textures on objects are usually caused by 3rd party shaders that are not compatible with PBR and must be removed