Author Topic: found issue gsx objects  (Read 1774 times)

A123

found issue gsx objects
« on: July 04, 2019, 01:31:42 pm »
Hello to you all,

I think I found the issue regarding the invisible GSX objects… I had URP v1.1 installed, that is a Shader thing, maybe it is not compatible with P3Dv4.4...

The full name of URP is Ultimate Realism Pack.

Now that issue is resolved after 2 days of searching.

Do you guys use that URP program, do you have a comparable Shader program which is compatible with P3Dv4.4?

Thanks anyway!

Dear regards
Red

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: found issue gsx objects
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 01:37:48 pm »
I was quite SURE your problem was related to Shaders, that's why I told you so many times to check your Shaders and, guess what, it was exactly that.

The issue with 3rd party shaders is they could be VERY dangerous, because they affect one of the most basic parts of the sim. With PBR, ALL default Shaders have changed and with 4.5 they changed as well so, unless a Shader mod was made and tested specifically for P3D 4.4 and 4.5 and the author can guarantee it works perfectly there, it's best not to use them.

We don't use any Shader mods, because thy alter the rendering so much, that our objects don't look the way we made it, and this is much worse in PBR, because even a minor change can have a dramatic effect, usually for the worse.

The whole point of many shader mods was to try to simulate the PBR look when P3D didn't have it, but today they are not very useful, and surely not those made for previous versions.

And, another problem caused by 3rd party shader mods, is that when you "rebuild your shaders", you are not rebuilding to default, you are rebuilding from the already modified shaders (the rebuild recompiles all shaders from their source files), if the modified shaders have a problem, it won't fix anything.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 01:39:50 pm by virtuali »