Author Topic: Visual C++  (Read 4163 times)

skimmer

Visual C++
« on: August 21, 2009, 05:46:51 am »
Looking in my ,Add and remove programs, in control panel windows xp sp3, I have 3 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. They all have different numbers, 8.0.59193 and 8.0.56336 and 8.0.50727.42. I installed one by your requirements when we were trouble shooting last week. At that time I only had one version. But since then I have had to uninstall and reinstall my 3 airports.FSX/ACC. Anyway my question is, Is this being downloaded with each airport ?
                                                                      Thankyou. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Visual C++
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 11:38:04 am »
Yes, each installer contains the needed VC++ runtimes installers, that are launched by the installer automatically. If you download any of our installers again now, you don't need to separately download the newest VC++ runtimes.

However, you might have installed other products that requires a different version, that's why you had multiple versions and yes, if you still need to use the program that required that specific version, you need all of them installed. Those are WinSxS libraries so, it's possible to have multiple versions installed at the same time without causing any problems.

skimmer

Re: Visual C++
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 03:29:11 pm »
Thankyou. I was just interested because I monitor memory useage and keep hard drive as open as possible. ;D