Author Topic: Digital River CREDIT CARD Pending  (Read 17293 times)

Thunderbolt

Digital River CREDIT CARD Pending
« on: July 02, 2019, 10:47:56 pm »
I bought several FSDT sceneries (and GSX) for years WITHOUT any problem, but for the first time ever, I have had a payment under review when trying to buy GSX2. And I received an email to check the card with my bank ?!?

It´s interesting because I bought the "DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - CHICAGO CITY X FSX P3D FSW" from Simmarket with the same credit card 10 (TEN) minutes ago and without any problem.

It is strange that reading those posts about problems to pay their products people always blame on the consumer their own problems. First Paypal during sales, now credit card also gives problem...

That "My Commerce (A Digital River Company) is horrible.

It is difficult, it´s really difficult...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:51:53 pm by Thunderbolt »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Digital River CREDIT CARD Pending
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 10:54:15 pm »
We don't know anything about your payment details, we cannot check, you are not sending your Credit Card to us, you are having a dealing with Digital River, which is the largest ecommerce provider in the world.

The transaction happened entirely on Digital River servers, you gave your Credit Card number to THEM, we don't have any knowledge how the processing works, we cannot even *ask* about your Credit Card, because you gave it to Digital River instead, and they are the ONLY ones that can explain you precisely WHY your order has been put on hold, and how to fix it.

Your dealings with FSDT starts either BEFORE you buy a product, to ask informations and support about the Trial, and AFTER you completed an order successfully. Anything that happens during the purchase, it's between you and Digital River

Thunderbolt

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 11:03:25 pm »
We don't know anything about your payment details, we cannot check, you are not sending your Credit Card to us, you are having a dealing with Digital River, which is the largest ecommerce provider in the world.

Anything that happens during the purchase, it's between you and Digital River

Yes, I know that.

But YOU chose THEM to manage the sale of YOUR products and I can see here in the Forum several users having problems with them too. But that´s Ok, as I said earlier, blame the consumer.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:17:53 pm by Thunderbolt »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 11:38:56 pm »
But YOU chose THEM to manage the sale of YOUR products and I can see here in the Forum several users having problems with them too.

We chose Digital River together with many thousands of other software developers in the world because, you know...it's just the largest ecommerce provider in the world. It's no as if we are the strange guys that for some reason chose a shady or unknown ecommerce company.

But that´s Ok, as I said earlier, blame the consumer.

And where, exactly, I'm "blaming" you ?

I only gave you the proper answer that would help you fixing the issue you are having in the most efficient way: ask Digital River WHY they didn't accept your Credit Card. How this could possibly sound like "blaming", it's a mistery to me.

Thunderbolt

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 11:55:54 pm »

Ask Digital River WHY they didn't accept your Credit Card.

I would REALLY like to ask them why they did not accept a XXXXXXXXXX with a limit of $ XXXXX and belonged to XXXXXX, but their email says:

"Unfortunately we can not provide more information about why your credit card payment was declined. As data processing is completely automated in our system, the credit card service only informs us "card declined" when a particular credit card can not be debited."

By the way I called the manager of my account and she said there was no problem.

EDIT:  I tried the Paypal that uses EXACTLY the same card (that they declined) and it was immediately accepted  ???, the problem was the time I lost and the stress after a full day's work.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:22:28 am by virtuali »

Wise87

Digital River CREDIT CARD Pending
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 02:31:43 am »
Wow, nothing to do but complain when there are other real world problem. I hope I don't get grumpy like you when I turn your age in a few years. I noticed how you mentioned buying DD Chicago in caps, you copied and pasted from Simmarket title than type it out. You know FSDT is working on their own version. I guess you used that as a jab at them, low move. Like they said they have no control on your card or why it was held up. FYI, many internet services were down today to include some banking services. My online banking system is still down from it. It's been in the news but I'm sure you ignored that information.

Sorry for my rant FSDT. I may argue with you guys from time to time but this guys rant was totally uncalled for. Thanks for the great GSX update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 02:33:20 am »
I would REALLY like to ask them why they did not accept a XXXXXXXXXX with a limit of $ XXXXX and belonged to XXXXXX,

I edited your post ( never disclose that kind of info online...), but the thing is, you don't seem to understand how payment systems works. Digital River doesn't know ANYTHING about you or your Card other than the information you type in the website, which is the number, the expiry date, the CVV and your name.

They don't know anything of your spending limit, the kind of card, let alone your age! The only thing that can be possibly know from the number, is if it's a VISA or a Mastercard, or something else, but they cannot possibly know if it's a lowly pre-paid Debit card or a big-Corporate-Platinum thing.

This data is sent, automatically, to some kind of service, which might be a separate company, and will return some kind of error code, with no human intervention or judgment.

By the way I called the manager of my account and she said there was no problem.

They surely must know a transaction from Digital River was denied, even if your card has no problem, since denied transactions DO appear on your bank account system, so they should be able to tell you why. In fact, they might be the only ones *allowed* to tell you why.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:35:23 am by virtuali »

LukeK

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 05:24:59 pm »
This doesn't look like Digital River's fault or problem - if I read the message correctly, the charge appears to have been declined by the card issuer.

Cheers!

Luke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 05:35:17 pm »
if I read the message correctly, the charge appears to have been declined by the card issuer.

Most likely, that's why I suggest to ask the CC issuer why the transaction from Digital River has been denied, and they are probably the only ones legally allowed to tell, to the CC owner.

Thunderbolt

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 06:14:39 pm »
This doesn't look like Digital River's fault or problem.

Really?!?  So Digital River accepted the same credit card 30 minutes later and it's not their fault, by the way, if you follow the forum you read that other consumers also had problems in the last days.
But I understand, for you the problem is never of the companies, but of the consumers. Ok then.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 06:19:16 pm »
Really?!?  So Digital River accepted the same credit card 30 minutes later and it's not their fault, by the way, if you follow the forum you read that other consumers also had problems in the last days.

You got it backwards.

- The first time your CC issuer has DENIED a transaction from Digital River

- The 2nd time your CC issuer has ALLOWED a transaction from Digital River

But I understand, for you the problem is never of the companies, but of the consumers

Why you keep insisting in this nonsensical "blame the consumer" stuff ? I already asked you once, and you never replied. Where, EXACTLY, I "blamed" YOU ?

I'm telling what's happening, and I'm telling the CC issuer can SURELY explain why the 1st transaction was denied, and why the 2nd wasn't.

Thunderbolt

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 07:10:27 pm »

The first time your CC issuer has DENIED a transaction from Digital River

"your CC issuer"

At no time you assumed that it could be a failure of Digital River, maybe they have a "perfect" system. I´ll have to contact them to apply and share this infallible system in my company.

But I'll tell you one thing, YES! Systems fail and A LOT (I work 10 hrs a day and I know what I saying). What I said is that it's easy to assign a reported problem to the consumer, to his card, to CC issuer, instead of the "perfect  Digital River.

In my opinion it was a Digital River glitch , I had bought another product with card minutes before, as I had previously shown, I just showed that there was no problem on my card or it was CC issuer. But I was offended in Mr "Wise87" post, implying that I was comparing the 2 products and in no time I did that. But, my post was deleted so it implies that you only want the compliments here.

So to satisfy you, let´s go: I have your scenarios since fs9 and I consider them excellent, and never had problems with them, nor to buy them (until yesterday) as I said in my first post. As far as the unfortunate insinuation of "Wise87" I believe (from what I saw in the videos and photos) that the FSDT KORD will be the best in the market and I will also buy it, but that is not a reason to toady FSDT or Digital river as a few do here.

Wise87

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 07:28:36 pm »
 ::) Well that was interesting.  Now he's after me in private messages and the language he used, oh-my.  :P
Tomorrows a new day.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 08:56:05 pm by Wise87 »

Thunderbolt

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 11:24:19 pm »
::) Well that was interesting.  Now he's after me in private messages and the language he used, oh-my.  :P
Tomorrows a new day.  ;D

First of all, English is not my native language and you, as usual, do not bring anything useful here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2019, 12:10:10 pm »
At no time you assumed that it could be a failure of Digital River, maybe they have a "perfect" system. I´ll have to contact them to apply and share this infallible system in my company.

That's your problem, you are assuming things, without even trying my suggestion:

Have you ASKED you YOUR CC issue WHY the transaction from Digital River has been denied ? What was their reply about *that* particular transaction, which I assure you HAS been logged ?

In my opinion it was a Digital River glitch

Keyword here "in my opinion". Until you do what I suggested several times by now, you don't have all the facts form a correct opinion.

But that's besides the point, really.

Assuming it WAS a "Digital River glitch" that happened in a specific case. SO WHAT ? It's not as if we are the only weirdos using Digital River, it's just the largest ecommerce provider in the world, it's a company traded on Nasdaq, and as they used to say back in the day, nobody should be fired for having chosen Digital River, even if the original was referring to IBM...

I hope you are not trying to say we should switch to a different ecommerce EACH time they have a glitch, or that you can say in good faith you can guarantee there's another payment provider out there that has NO GLITCHES, EVER.

Don't want to sound patronizing, but you asked for it:

- Early June, I was in the US for the Flight Sim Expo in Orlando so, obviously, when the Expo ended, I went with the wife and kids to visit the Kennedy Space Center. And guess what, my Credit Card, which is a VISA Business Gold, was rejected twice in two different shops, and of course, when I called my bank, they said "everything's fine".

That same Credit Card worked fine the day *before*, and the same Credit Card worked fine *after*. So yes, it must have been a "glitch" in both those shops.

Should I have made a scene of it in the middle of the Kennedy Space Center, to complain with the shop owner it's their fault for having chosen their payment provider, and my Credit Card was working fine before, and worked fine after ? SHOULD I ?

The topic is now locked.