Author Topic: Couatl error on GSX V2.6 with PMDG 747  (Read 2284 times)

CSN8085

Couatl error on GSX V2.6 with PMDG 747
« on: July 02, 2019, 09:18:37 pm »
Hi

After 2.6 update, this couatl error occurs everytime when i push ctrl+F12 on PMDG747
No problem with PMDG777, but both on -400 and -8

According to Couatl.log, it recorded the message below at the very end:

Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_ManHole_Fuel0'
{'Airport': 'RCTP', 'User Pos': (25.07417200552614, 121.23210780526993, 36.488 m, 3.87495 m, 318.83241123055166)}

I checked the forum, many ones have the problem not loading the jetway or logo properly but no one have this one. So I posted here to see if there's a solution :(

Not sure if other aircraft is affected, only tested 777 and 747

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl error on GSX V2.6 with PMDG 747
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 09:23:21 pm »
Please enable logging from the Troubleshooting menu in GSX and try again, then post the Couatl.LOG file, since the normal error log is not detailed enough for us to understand the problem.

CSN8085

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 09:41:19 pm »
Please enable logging from the Troubleshooting menu in GSX and try again, then post the Couatl.LOG file, since the normal error log is not detailed enough for us to understand the problem.

Sorry, here's the full log for same error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 10:03:31 pm »
Have you maybe set the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manger ?

CSN8085

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 11:45:41 pm »
Have you maybe set the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manger ?

Negative, hadn't touch those settings, and checked it's not ticked

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 11:53:10 pm »
I see you installed GSX *inside* the simulator folder. This might be a problem, uninstall everything from FSDT, reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reinstall into another folder, outside the simulator.

E:\ is perfectly fine, which will result in installing into E:\Addon Manager. Don't install into E:\GSX, because there's a bug in the updater that doesn't support installing into a folder named GSX

CSN8085

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 11:01:38 am »
I see you installed GSX *inside* the simulator folder. This might be a problem, uninstall everything from FSDT, reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reinstall into another folder, outside the simulator.

E:\ is perfectly fine, which will result in installing into E:\Addon Manager. Don't install into E:\GSX, because there's a bug in the updater that doesn't support installing into a folder named GSX

Update!
I uninstalled everything as you suggested and reinstalled at E:\Addon Manager, it didn't work. Even more weird Couatl began to crash in every airport which didn't happen in the first place...
Then I uninstalled GSX & Addon Manager again and DELETED "Virtuali" in disk C which remained after uninstallation including "AppData\Roaming\Virtuali" and "ProgramData\Virtuali"
Of course I backed up both airplane and custom airport setting and reinstalled again. Finally everything going well now.
I guess that this is a problem caused by updating progress? Maybe something is missing during update. But not sure if it was full installation package or Live Update.
Anyway the problem is solved and Thank you for helping!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 01:42:23 pm »
There's nothing wrong in the installer or the updater. Even the previous bug which prevented to install into a folder named "GSX", has been fixed. I don't see how removing AppData\Roaming\Virtuali" and "ProgramData\Virtuali" would make any difference, considering you said you restored them.

The only possible explanation is, interference from another product ( antivirus, most likely ) blocking access either to those two folders, or to the add-on.xml. Another user reported his add-on.xml went read-only, and since we surely don't set it that way, it must be another program that did that.

If the add-on.xml cannot be updated, the program won't be able to find any of its objects (because we have an additional path now, for PBR), and nothing will work, with such errors at start of not finding objects which are surely installed.