Author Topic: GSL2 dont show vehicle only characters  (Read 3544 times)

pedrault

GSL2 dont show vehicle only characters
« on: July 02, 2019, 03:04:37 pm »
Hi
I installed yesterday GSX Level 2 Expansion and I dont see the vehicles and the stairs, I see only the people.  I have p3d v4.5 installed.

Thanks in advance for your help

Pierre

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSL2 dont show vehicle only characters
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 03:06:25 pm »
Nothing to do with GSX, there must be something wrong with your sim. Try to recreate the shaders, by removing this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Start the sim, and wait a couple of minutes for the black screen to go away.

pedrault

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 05:39:14 pm »
Nothing to do with GSX, there must be something wrong with your sim. Try to recreate the shaders, by removing this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Start the sim, and wait a couple of minutes for the black screen to go away.

Yes I deleted my shaders but nothing changed  :-\

Its probably my sim the problem I have this kind of issue with some addons since I upgraded p3d 4.3 to 4.5. I was at the exterior of my country when the version 4.4 was out. Its probably some p3d legacy bgl that the version 4.5 dont change. Maybe...

I think I will need to reinstall p3d if I dont find the solution :(

Question : If I want to rollback to my old version of GSX 1.0 I need to uninstall GSX 1 and 2 and reinstall GSX 1 ?

Thanks for your fast reply

Regards

Pierre

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 05:49:28 pm »
Its probably my sim the problem I have this kind of issue with some addons since I upgraded p3d 4.3 to 4.5. I was at the exterior of my country when the version 4.4 was out. Its probably some p3d legacy bgl that the version 4.5 dont change. Maybe...

How you updated ? If you used the Client only, it's very likely you'll run into issues. The update from 4.3 to 4.4 required at least a Content update as well but at this time, it's probably best if you just install the 4.5 full installer.

pedrault

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 07:25:29 pm »
How you updated ?

Several ways. First I uninstalled all components  (Client, Scenery and Content) and the base too and I reinstall all with the installer not component by component. After all seems ok but I realized that PMDG 747 and QW 787 dont show the exterior texture. See attached pics.  Now the same problem with gsx2.

After I reinstalled p3d piece by piece after unistalled them obviously with and without AV too....  and deleted the shaders before running too. Same result...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 07:28:05 pm »
After all seems ok but I realized that PMDG 747 and QW 787 dont show the exterior texture. See attached pics.  Now the same problem with gsx2.

- GSX doesn't have anything to do with this problem, which affects other addons as well.

- Your screenshot looks *exactly* when the simulator has just finished to recreate all shaders, after the black screen, but hasn't finished yet. This is normal, but should go away in a minute or so. If it doesn't on your system, there's something wrong with your install.

Which USUALLY is fixed by recreating the shaders.

pedrault

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 07:45:46 pm »

- GSX doesn't have anything to do with this problem, which affects other addons as well.

- Your screenshot looks *exactly* when the simulator has just finished to recreate all shaders, after the black screen, but hasn't finished yet. This is normal, but should go away in a minute or so. If it doesn't on your system, there's something wrong with your install.

Which USUALLY is fixed by recreating the shaders.

I agree with you its not GSX the problem and I thank you very much for your time. With fslab a320 the texture take few seconds to appear. With QW787 I dont have problem with the version 1.1.2 but with the version 1.1.3 I have. Maybe this last version was upgraded for the PBR improvement.

I think the final way its reinstall p3d from scratch and trying to keep my tone of addons. Another thing that  I did its remove all my addons and run p3d without them. Nothing change. grrrrrrrrrrr

MigloInce

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 01:01:32 am »
Hi,

i got EXACTLY the same problem! and i dont know how to solve it... Tried everything.. And it is something to do with the GSX! Please let me know if u find a solution!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 01:05:41 am »
i got EXACTLY the same problem! and i dont know how to solve it... Tried everything.. And it is something to do with the GSX! Please let me know if u find a solution!!!

This thread ( read the last post ) has confirmed GSX has NOTHING to do with this, because the user has similar problems with some aircraft.

As explained so many times already, if you see something like that, which is happening in GSX only, it doesn't automatically mean GSX is the problem. The problem is your simulator settings or installation and you see this on GSX only, not because GSX has a "problem", but simply because you don't have other add-ons that use the latest features of the sim, which requires all graphic to work correctly.

The first thing to try is to recreate the shaders, because that's usually what fixes transparent objects.

MigloInce

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 02:05:03 am »
Ok no need to be aggresive..

I'm just frustrated over a product that i bought from YOU guys and searching for some support over here!! Hmm GSX might NOT be the problem, it worked perfectly before your MAJOR update ;)..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 02:11:31 am »
Hmm GSX might NOT be the problem, it worked perfectly before your MAJOR update ;)

Why you keep repeating this ? Is there's something in my previous explanation which is not clear ? You are confusing cause and effect here.

The *cause* is some kind of installation problem or settings problem, or a problem with shaders, and the *effect* is that GSX is affected BY it, it's not CAUSING it. 

The update has added PBR and, if your simulator is not installed correctly, PBR won't work and no, it's not something that happens just with GSX, it happens with several 3rd party airplanes that also use PBR and, for example, something that seems confirmed, is that if you update P3D with the Client only, PBR might not work correctly, so you'll have to use the Content installer to, or possibly reinstall the whole sim using the Full installer.

Again, nothing to do with GSX, which doesn't have any fault other than having exposed a problem you already had, but no add-on (including the previous GSX, which didn't use PBR) that requires the features that are currently broken in your installation, so your are being mislead "it must be the update", when it's not.

pedrault

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 04:27:23 am »
Ok no need to be aggresive..

I'm just frustrated over a product that i bought from YOU guys and searching for some support over here!! Hmm GSX might NOT be the problem, it worked perfectly before your MAJOR update ;)..

Hi
Do you have PMDG 747-400 QOTSII Base Package P3D installed?

If yes it work well?

Thanks