Author Topic: Only 2 pallets for a 747 freighter?  (Read 54 times)

couger

Only 2 pallets for a 747 freighter?
« on: May 07, 2024, 11:13:34 am »
I started a flight today in the 747 freighter.  But when I started loading the plane there was only 1 tug with 2 pallets for the main deck.  The 2 lower decks only got the same.  This is after the latest update was installed.  And a 747f holds  27 give or take. pallets on main deck and 5 pallets in each lower deck.  Is there a setting that I’ve missed somewhere in gsx to do multiple trips or something?  Loading the 747f is done in about 5 mins.  Totally unrealistic.  Someone please help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Only 2 pallets for a 747 freighter?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 12:32:26 pm »
The amount of carts is variable depending on payload, with the payload evaluated when you call GSX so, the airplane must be loaded before calling GSX. If you use Simbrief, you can even call GSX with an empty airplane, because in that case, the number of carts will be based on the PLANNED payload instead.

couger

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 12:55:29 pm »
That’s right but my aircraft is already set to a 60% payload.  It makes no diff.  It just loads the 2 pallets from 1 tug with 2 profiles for each deck. At 60% payload it should be loading about 16 pallets.   There must be a setting I’m missing. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 01:05:55 pm »
Nowhere we ever said GSX would simulate the precise, exact, number of pallets the real airplane can carry.

In FSX/P3D, the amount of carts in Cargo airplanes is variable from 1 to 5 (from 1 to 3 with Passenger airplanes), no matter the airplane used, depending on Payload so, according to my previous explanation, with 60% Payload, you should have 3 carts on each loader so, 9 carts in total, assuming you are loading from the Main Cargo door and the two Low cargo doors, so you have 3 loaders.

couger

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 01:13:21 pm »
Yeah I know it’s not an accurate thing but before the last update I always got 4 pallets no matter what the payload was set to.  And the tug would come with a train of 4 profiles.  When you say payload are you talking about the payload in the pmdg fmc under payload or is it from a p3d payload setting?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 01:29:14 pm by couger »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2024, 01:43:37 pm »
before the last update I always got 4 pallets no matter what the payload was set to.

That's of course normal because, before the last update, the number of cart was unrealistically fixed, because we were swamped by users not understanding the "you must load the airplane first" concept, but then lots of users wanted the variable number back (it WAS variable, years ago), so we put it back, hoping the payload issue would be understood, but it seems is still a difficult concept to grasp.

When you say payload are you talking about the payload in the pmdg fmc under payload or is it from a p3d payload setting?

GSX can only read standard airplane variables so, the payload is read from these. GSX can't read anything else so, we can only assume that, when you load something in the PMDG FMC, it will be eventually matched in the standard payload variables.

Which might not happen *immediately*, because the airplane might simulate a progressive loading, so the variable might not be updated to the final value until this is completed. This was an issue which forced us to switch to the unrealistic fixed loading, for example.

However, now that we have Simbrief support, the issue of the airplane loading slowly is no longer an issue, because if you use Simbrief, the variable amount of carts will then based on the PLANNED payload, not the actual values when you call GSX, which might be or not updated, depending how the airplane handles them.

LukeK

« Reply #6 on: Today at 12:57:44 am »
Is there any chance this could be configurable via LVAR?

Cheers