Author Topic: Unable to install FSDT product(s)  (Read 2157 times)

hjmx

Unable to install FSDT product(s)
« on: July 01, 2019, 09:08:11 pm »
I have a complete new install of Windows 10 (1903) and P3D4.5HF but I cannot install FSDT Lousville and probably no other FSDT products. I've downloaded the current installer from the FSDT homepage. The installation "worked" but when I start a flight in P3D, I get the following error message:

"The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl-Scripting Engine to restart. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone-Addon Manager ..."

On the FSDT homepage it is written that the Stand-Alone-Addon Manager is no longer provided, ... use instead FSDT Live updater. I did, but no success.

Couatl err log:

couatl v3.2 (build 4231)
panic log started on Mon Jul  1 20:45:04 2019

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 583, in setJetwayAirlineCode
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 627, in getModelForCouatlType
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 596, in getModelsForCouatlType
  File ".\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 437, in _cache
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
{}
reset FSDT_GSX_MAX_BATTERY_VOLTAGE to 0

Regards,
Harry

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:03:04 pm by hjmx »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to install FSDT product(s)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 10:03:08 pm »
There was another thread about this same exact error, and it was already replied there this is already fixed in the current Live Update.

hjmx

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 10:15:16 pm »
As I've already stated, the FSDT Live Updater did not fix it in my case. I've read the other thread. And I've tried it three times!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 10:22:53 pm »
I'm sorry, but the error log clearly shows you haven't got the latest version. As explained so many times, it's possible your local update server might not be updated with the current file yet, this is not under out control, because there are 170 different servers (Cloudflare) around the world, so it's possible the one closest to you still hasn't got the latest files.

Just try again, until they'll arrive.

hjmx

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 11:13:19 pm »
I tried and tried. But then I realized that the error.log was always the same except that the last line was different but somehow related to GSX: "reset FSDT_GSX_DEICING_STATE to 0",    "set FSDT_GSX_MAX_BATTERY_VOLTAGE to 0",    and so on .... That's because I then downloaded GSX and run the installation.

Guess what?  Everything works. No more errors. Activation via Addon Manager using the new License Keys. All fine now.