Author Topic: Deboarding request  (Read 1807 times)

tredsell

Deboarding request
« on: December 31, 2018, 01:56:30 pm »
Would it be possible that when you select a stand on or before landing, that requires a bus, that it is spawned at the parking stand before you arrive like the stairs and baggage loaders? Sometimes it takes a long time for the bus to drive across the airport getting lost along the way!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Deboarding request
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 12:44:52 pm »
The time it takes for the bus to arrive depends how well the airport is made, since the bus will spawn from a parking of the "vehicle" type and will try to take paths of the "vehicle" kind (rightly so), even if they are longer.

If the airport AFCAD is well made, with vehicle parking reasonably close to the terminal they are support to serve (as in real life), it shouldn't take very long for the bus to arrive. If they are too far away, or even missing, GSX will use any parking it can, so the time for vehicles to arrive can change a lot.

Of course, you can always use Time Acceleration to speed up things.

Beat578

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 02:18:50 pm »
If the airport AFCAD is well made, with vehicle parking reasonably close to the terminal they are support to serve (as in real life), it shouldn't take very long for the bus to arrive. If they are too far away, or even missing, GSX will use any parking it can, so the time for vehicles to arrive can change a lot.

Dear Umberto
I have the AFCAD editor at home. I read so much about that vehicle parking and how close it should be: Is there a tutorial about how to make them or even where to find those parking spot? I googled, searched forums, read tutorials, I was not able to find a description about how to add or change the vehicle parking of airports. I must be blind. Can you point me to the right spot?
Thank you so much. I know it's not a GSX proble, but I am sure you can help me find some information about it!
Regards Beat
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 10:00:39 pm »
The ADE manual should be a good place to start:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854

Pages 69-71