Author Topic: GSX 2 not auto docking with AI  (Read 2361 times)

jg7xman

GSX 2 not auto docking with AI
« on: February 02, 2019, 03:22:50 pm »
Does GSX 2 jetways auto dock to AI like SODE does? I spent 4 hours redoing only the International terminal at KATL just to see the jetways just sit there when AI arrived - while the SODE ones work flawless (not bad for donateware).

Please can someone tell me I did something wrong or is this a design flaw?

I would rather have the AI use auto docking with default jetways than to have dormant eye candy. If out this functionality,  I am not sure it would be worth the 30 USD I paid.

Maybe you guys need to put the SODE guys on payroll.  ::)

wsmeier

Re: GSX 2 not auto docking with AI
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 06:48:23 pm »
Not a design flaw, but a design choice. It was done for performance reasons, if I recall correctly. Other users have petitioned to have this as an option. It's something I would like to see as well. I don't know whether the upcoming large update will include such an option.

jg7xman

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 08:05:20 pm »
Not a design flaw, but a design choice. It was done for performance reasons, if I recall correctly. Other users have petitioned to have this as an option. It's something I would like to see as well. I don't know whether the upcoming large update will include such an option.

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

I just wasted $29, maybe FSDT can deactivate my keycode for GSX 2 and I can put that 30 USD towards KIAH  ;D

The more I reflect on this purchase, sitting in my virtual cockpit of most aircraft I fly (B748, B772  and B789) I don't see ppl boarding (unless the jetway is in sight of the cockpit). Good one FSDT, you got me on this one.

Fool me once, shame on me! ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 04:16:12 am »
The more I reflect on this purchase, sitting in my virtual cockpit of most aircraft I fly (B748, B772  and B789) I don't see ppl boarding (unless the jetway is in sight of the cockpit). Good one FSDT, you got me on this one.

Of course, the same could be said for AI, which seemed to be your original complain: having moving jetways docking on AI wouldn't be visible, unless the AI itself could be visible from inside the cockpit.

And, we already said we WILL add this as an option, but it will also require a SODE update, and we already discussed it with SODE author what would be the best way to have it but, SODE being a freeware product, we cannot just demand to appear immediately, but it will come.