Author Topic: How to undo SODE jetways on a specific airport  (Read 2134 times)

edwardpat

How to undo SODE jetways on a specific airport
« on: January 29, 2019, 09:31:44 pm »
Sorry, but after reading the manual, for me it's not clear how I can undo a install of GSX SODE jetways on a specific airport and put it back to its default state. I tried deleting its .INI file from %AppData%\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX, but it's not working.
Thanks, Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to undo SODE jetways on a specific airport
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 10:13:11 pm »
What do you mean with "default state" ?

- Going back to the old default jetway (CTRL+J) on that airport only ? Sorry, you can't do that. Either you restore default jetways everywhere, or you replace them everywhere. The sim has only one jetway model, so there's no way around this, other than patching thousands of AFCAD individually.

- Going back to the default GSX/SODE replacement model ? This can't be easier: just press the Reset button on the parking you want to reset, or on all parking spots at once, and it will go back to default. However, your method of removing the .INI file would work just as well so, if it's "not working", perhaps you meant the first thing ?

edwardpat

Re: How to undo SODE jetways on a specific airport
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 12:45:22 am »
What do you mean with "default state" ?

- Going back to the old default jetway (CTRL+J) on that airport only ? Sorry, you can't do that. Either you restore default jetways everywhere, or you replace them everywhere. The sim has only one jetway model, so there's no way around this, other than patching thousands of AFCAD individually.

- Going back to the default GSX/SODE replacement model ? This can't be easier: just press the Reset button on the parking you want to reset, or on all parking spots at once, and it will go back to default. However, your method of removing the .INI file would work just as well so, if it's "not working", perhaps you meant the first thing ?

Yes, I mean the first case scenario, going back to the original airport's default jetway (CTRL+J). Some weeks ago, using your excellent GSX2, I created GSX SODE jetways for Santa Barbara Airport KSBA from ORBX and it looks very good, but today ORBX released a new version of KSBA that includes SODE Jetways on its own and want to try them. I thought it would be required, before installing the KSBA update, to restore the airport to its default condition, that's why I'm asking.
Thanks, Ed