Author Topic: Tiny request  (Read 2798 times)

Captain45

Tiny request
« on: January 20, 2019, 01:22:47 pm »
Hi,

For (de-)boarding the options are calculated number of PAX or input. I am probably not the only one the always flies with exact the same number of PAX.
The third option for a fixe number of passengers would be very nice to have.
And...
Really I am always selecting not to start the engines before pushback. Put that also in the settings and it saves a mouseclick.

Dirk
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.5; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -various, Chaseplane, GSX. Notebook: AS4-ASCA,  AivlaSoft EFB.

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
Re: Tiny request
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 10:07:52 pm »
Personally, I like your ideas Dirk,
I normally fly my B737 cockpit with a standard load of passengers saved with my Scenarios. It is another variable I don't have to change/enter.
Could a 'default passenger load' field be included in preferences with a check box 'use default'? GSX then would always then match the quantity on board.
I always assumed 'start engines before pushback?' was something Ground always had to ask? If they don't, could that be an opt-out checkbox as well? 
Aussie
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

Quoth

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 10:46:52 pm »
Hi, I do tend to have random numbers of passengers each flight, BUT, I like the same number that boarded to also get off at the destination and I do find it irritating that I have to enter that number again at deboard time  :D. A little change there would be useful...

Regards
Q

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:04:44 am »
GSX then would always then match the quantity on board.

Not sure how different this would be as just turning on the "estimate passenger number" in GSX, which won't ask the number anymore, and will calculate it automatically from the payload.

torsten

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 12:10:16 pm »

Really I am always selecting not to start the engines before pushback. Put that also in the settings and it saves a mouseclick.

Dirk

I ask that also  , because i dont want to answer this ( for me stupid ) Question during EVERY Pushback, but virtuali dont see thil like we do,
i dont know why. It seams the user should not get to much control for his GSX.

It could be sooo easy done to add a option in the aircraft editor to have this OPTION or not.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19650.0.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 10:23:37 pm »
It seams the user should not get to much control for his GSX.

It's BECAUSE users asked for more control that "stupid" question was added a while ago, because what looks "stupid" to you, was "more control" for somebody else.

An option you say ? Unfortunately, each time we add "an option", it results in hundreds of additional support answers I must reply to, to users that don't read the manual and have no idea what that option does or even its existence. Like the dozen of replies I had to post about the "Estimate Passenger Number", last time 5 minutes ago...

DreamSkywards

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 01:02:54 am »
All of that complaining to save at most 3 mouse clicks. Wish my life was as complicated.

torsten

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 03:10:30 pm »
It is only very irritating to answer this question every time i start the pushback.
So it was more logical to have this option enabled or disabled in the Aircraft config dialog of GSX.
So every user hast the control to have this question or not.

I can understand, that some of the users flying aircrafts without a APU, but also a lot of user flying aircrafts with a APU.
So with the Option in the Aircraft config every user has the possibility to enable or disable that.

That would be better as to annoy the users who have to answer this question at every pushback also if they never need that.