Author Topic: GSX Stuck on "Commencing Push" PMDG 747-800  (Read 2835 times)

dva10082

GSX Stuck on "Commencing Push" PMDG 747-800
« on: January 08, 2019, 09:30:50 pm »
Greetings,

When I use GSX to cater, board, and push back my PMDG 747-800, everything works fine up until the ground crew member says "Commencing Push", at which point he says nothing else, and the push NEVER happens.  Why is this?  No no...scratch that.  I don't really care WHY that is, I just want it fixed.  Help??

dva10082

Re: GSX Stuck on "Commencing Push" PMDG 747-800
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:49:54 am »
FSDT, can I expect support on this issue please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 11:11:22 am »
I tried this, and no issues whatsoever with the PMDG747-800. Check if you disabled all notifications, maybe GSX is trying to tell you WHY it cannot push, but you can't see the message, because you turned off all notifications.

- Check the GSX Verbosity slider, it should be at the highest setting.

- Check you don't have inadvertently disabled the Simconnect text messages, under Options->General->Information->Message Text.

dva10082

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 03:56:42 pm »
Yea, I noticed that in another forum post and checked those settings prior to posting here.  Settings are on and all the way up. 

dva10082

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 04:06:53 pm »
Hey, here's a question.  Does this have anything to do with my issue?  http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19003.0.html   Is this saying I'm not allowed to have a GSX.cfg for this plane or is it saying, delete the gsx.cfg prior to running the live updater?

Should I delete my gsx.cfg then run the live updater, then come back and customize my plane the way I see fit?

I'm just spittin ideas here....*shrugs shoulders*

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 07:16:50 pm »
Is this saying I'm not allowed to have a GSX.cfg for this plane or is it saying, delete the gsx.cfg prior to running the live updater?

No, of course you can but, if it was made before we added the internal support for that airplane, it's best to remove it first, then eventually customize it, assuming it's even required.

dva10082

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 10:28:23 pm »
Is this saying I'm not allowed to have a GSX.cfg for this plane or is it saying, delete the gsx.cfg prior to running the live updater?

No, of course you can but, if it was made before we added the internal support for that airplane, it's best to remove it first, then eventually customize it, assuming it's even required.

I don't know.  I know that I just bought the plane nine days ago, so I assume that it should have an effect on it.  I *MOVED* the GSX.cfg file out of the folder path (to a spot on my desktop), ran the updater, then returned the GSX.cfg to the file path, and am pre-flighting a flight right now...we'll see if that did anything.  Probably not, but i'm desperate for an accurate pushback!

dva10082

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 10:38:53 pm »
Also, I feel like somewhere I read that wheel chocks can be used in place of the parking brake in a new update, but I still get the message "Waiting for your action: Remove Wheel Chocks".  So is my update not active or not being sent through correctly?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 12:31:08 am »
Also, I feel like somewhere I read that wheel chocks can be used in place of the parking brake in a new update, but I still get the message "Waiting for your action: Remove Wheel Chocks". 

You are confusing two different things:

- That you can use Wheel chocks in place of the parking brakes when you need servicing. This is surely possible.

- The fact Wheel chocks should be removed BEFORE pushback can start, which is of course logical. That's what GSX was trying to say, and why Pushback didn't start.

dva10082

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 12:51:48 am »
Also, I feel like somewhere I read that wheel chocks can be used in place of the parking brake in a new update, but I still get the message "Waiting for your action: Remove Wheel Chocks". 

That's what GSX was trying to say, and why Pushback didn't start.

False.  I had always removed Wheel Chocks prior to push - that was not the reason.  I would've never gotten as far as "commencing push" if wheel chocks were on, so that doesn't make sense.  I was asking a completely separate question. 

So just now, when I requested push, it got stuck (again), on commencing push.  When I went to the in flight menues, clicked on "Add-Ons", then clicked on "FSUIPC", and then closed that, it started.  idk what I did, but it worked.  I'll try to re-create that on my next flight and see what happens. 

This makes no sense.