Author Topic: must rebuild airport cache every time I load KSAN in P3dv4.3  (Read 1550 times)

Bill721

must rebuild airport cache every time I load KSAN in P3dv4.3
« on: December 22, 2018, 11:36:19 pm »
Using GSX v2 with P3dv4.3 and Airport ORBX KSAN.  I did a mass replacement of all the jetways and everything went well.  The only issue I have is every time I start the Sim at KSAN there aren't any jetways shown.  If I rebuild full airport cache they all show up as they should and work fine.  What do I need to do so I don't have to reload the cache every time?

thank you,
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: must rebuild airport cache every time I load KSAN in P3dv4.3
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 12:01:33 pm »
You surely don't have to do a cache regeneration every time.

The cache regeneration is automatic and is starts automatically when you install or uninstall new scenery. However, as explained in other threads about renaming AFCADs, you MUST "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" after a rename, because renaming a file won't update the folder last notification date, which GSX use to know a scenery has change, so it won't have to check each file, one by one (there might be many thousands), because it would slow down the startup a lot if it did.

A rename might happen if you use 3rd party sceneries that have utilities that switches between several configurations.

But no, normally, you don't have to rebuild the airport cache.