Author Topic: Jetway numbers always "18"  (Read 4959 times)

headley

Jetway numbers always "18"
« on: December 21, 2018, 04:31:20 pm »
Hello,
I have an issue where all the jetway numbers are set to "18", although in the *.ini file they are set correctly according to their right parking number.
Also when changing the numbers in GSX-customisation nothing changes after clicking Apply.
See picture below (hope the image is big enough to see the numbers, but they are all( the whole airport) set to "18"...).
This is on EGKK Gatwick, but the same "error/issue" appears on EBBR (for now the only airports i have adapted with GSX).
If i deselect the jetway number there are (obviously) no numbers  ;D
What can go wrong here?
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway numbers always "18"
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 04:55:47 pm »
Do you have the correct numbers on an airport that hasn't been configured yet, like a default airport ?

headley

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 06:36:32 pm »
Hello,

I have managed to configure a default airport (LGAV).
On first essay i could not manage to exclude 1 jetway.  After compiling in GSX Control panel , the default jetway was still there, along with the GSX-jetway, and a black screen where the number suppose to be on top of the jetway.
Then in GSX Control panel i disabled all default jetways (via Default Jetways Control above the individual excluding .BGL Jobs), and this was the result:

Not sure why it set as jetway numbers G35, as i was on gate A36 (the green one in the background) when first excluding and compiling only one jetway.
Could not change the numbers afterwards.
Regards,

William V.

headley

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 07:05:32 pm »
Seems that indeed "all" default jetways on my simulator (P3Dv4.3) are disabled now and changed by "default" GSX Jetways.
Now i am on OLBA (Beirut) and here all numbers are "13". (OMG and its friday ;D)...
On airports with SODE (like EHAM) they are not touched, of course as these are not "default" jetways.

And EBBR (Brussels) has number 13 also.  This is a 3th party airport (JustSim) with Cartayna files.
LEMD (SimWings) is untouched as it has sode.
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 10:35:38 pm »
I cannot reproduce your problem, and nobody ever reported it before. The closest report we had that looks a bit similar, is one user that said all the numbers+background were black, but he later posted it was fixed with a video driver update.

Try to download the latest version of the video drivers, and choose a "clean" installation, which might clean up whatever setting/tweak might cause this issue.

headley

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 11:06:15 am »
... it was fixed with a video driver update...

Will try this one and will report later, thanks for suggestion.
Regards,

William V.

headley

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 10:32:31 pm »
Well, after updating my Nvidia driver to 417.35 (clean install) i have the same issue, nothing changed!
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 11:39:29 am »
I can only confirm I'm unable to report the problem, and the only other user that had something similar (not identical to yours), fixed it with a driver update, so you are the only one that has this issue.

Do you have the "Pause on task switch" option enabled ? If yes, try turning it off, because if it's enabled, it prevents the communication between addons and the simulator.

headley

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 12:05:30 pm »
It's not a very big deal, but anyway...
No "Pause on task switch"...
Must be something in or on my system, but really no idea what.
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 12:24:00 pm »
If you check the "Disable RTT" feature in the Addon Manager, jetway numbers will not appear anymore. Not ideal, but maybe better than having them all reading 18.

headley

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 08:29:53 pm »
... all reading 18.
Will try this setting tonight!
In fact every airport has his own number?  I tought it was depending on the place in the scenery library but that is not correct. 
No idea where this specific number comes from?
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 01:47:58 pm »
In fact every airport has his own number? 

Each jetway number is supposed to be different and should match the GATE number. They are of course taken from the airport AFCAD and, if you open the GSX parking customization and check the jetway number text filed, if it's correct *there* it means GSX has surely read the correct gate number so, if you don't see the correct number on the jetway, you can be sure your issue is related to graphic issues.