Author Topic: P3D 4.4 new sim applied  (Read 1987 times)

phmcr

P3D 4.4 new sim applied
« on: November 30, 2018, 09:03:20 pm »
In a brief instance I read the error message saying a new sim version was applied and I had to run Level 2 Control panel to take advantage of it. Then P3D 4.4 crashed.
I do not have level 2 (only basic GSX), but had just run the FSDT live update prior to the flight.
I started again at LOWW (TAMPA) and got the same message. Not sure if P3D would crash again, but I do not have level 2 installed, so how do I get rid of this error message and its consequences... ?

Menno

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D 4.4 new sim applied
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 04:01:00 pm »
The crash cannot have anything to do with GSX.

The message after the update was to tell you that, since you updated the sim, you had to use the GSX Control Panel to restore the SODE jetways, because the simulator update restored the default ones.

I do not have level 2 (only basic GSX), but had just run the FSDT live update prior to the flight.

You cannot run the latest Live Update if you don't have GSX Level 2 installed. Maybe you wanted to say you don't *own* GSX Level 2, but you surely have GSX Level 2 installed, otherwise you couldn't possibly have run the Live Update, since the Live Update will check if you have GSX Level 2 installed, and won't run unless you install it, which means installing the latest GSX Full installer.

So, I can safely assume you DO have GSX Level 2, but is running in Trial, because you haven't purchased it.

In this case, it's not really different and still, after seeing the message about the simulator update, you still had to go into the GSX Control Panel and decide what to do with jetways, that is:

1) Disabling the default ones, resulting in static SODE jetways everywhere outside the Trial areas (and FSDT airports), because Level 2 is still in Trial.

OR

2) Keep the default jetways.

But you still had to go into the GSX Control Panel to inform GSX of your decision, as the message said.