Author Topic: Can we adjust where the Jetway connection area points?  (Read 1393 times)

ols500

Can we adjust where the Jetway connection area points?
« on: November 28, 2018, 11:20:56 pm »
Hi can you guys add a feature where you can rotate the jetway connection area? It would make the jetways look more realistic and not in the same position each time.

Here is the screenshot of the part i would like to edit/be able to rotate

Timothy Metzinger

Re: Can we adjust where the Jetway connection area points?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 05:06:18 am »
I suspect that's part of the model, and can't be adjusted in the way you'd like.  I'd be happy to be wrong, though.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can we adjust where the Jetway connection area points?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 12:05:30 pm »
For obvious performance reasons, jetways are initially created as a static model, and will activate only when selected. If we wanted to randomize their starting position, it would result in a very bad switch from the static (which is always the same model), to the dynamic version.

And, of course, making different variations of the same static model, in addition to result in making the number of installed simobjects to explode, slowing down the simulator startup, causing an fps loss caused by the simulator not being able to optimize instancing of the same model, with very little in return, other than some randomization in the initial position.