Author Topic: problem installing gsx  (Read 2093 times)

pastordude47

problem installing gsx
« on: November 11, 2018, 07:00:59 pm »
having a problem installing GSX in windows 10 with FSX deluxe. runs until 'gathering required information" then stops. if I click the ok I get an error 14001 message, running couatl/couatl exe. 
then couldn't start the couatl scripting engine. tried turning off anti virus and firewall, made no difference.
Any ideas?
JC

Naziru

Re: problem installing gsx
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 11:29:16 pm »
Am also having the same problem i think the fsdt developers should  please do something about it because every one is complaining about the same issue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 01:42:15 pm »
every one is complaining about the same issue

it's not "Everyone", it's just you two guys at this time...

I cannot even see this "gathering required information" installation step so, I guess it normally happens so fast that is not even possible to see it, unless something is blocking it or making it slower, so you can see it.

I'm afraid the only thing that can stop the installer is either an antivirus or a firewall, which is blocking the 2nd step since, in order to make the installer faster for everybody, it's not splitted into a smaller file you download, which will download the rest of the installer files, which will start installing at the end of the 2nd download. Standard practice for many installers nowadays...

Are you able to describe more precisely when this "gathering required information" step happens ?

pastordude47

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 09:59:20 pm »
Just tried to install again, turned off McAfee firewall and Windows defender 3 firewalls, still won't install.
The gathering required info step occurs right after the redistrutable step. That's where it is all stopping

JC

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 10:06:31 pm »
The gathering required info step occurs right after the redistrutable step. That's where it is all stopping

Ok, so it's not a message coming from GSX, it's coming from the VC++ redistributable itself. It won't be seen when the redistributable is already installed. This means, your problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX and, for some reason, the MS VC++ redistributable installer cannot proceed.

Try to download and install the required runtimes manually, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8428.msg68872.html#msg68872

A Windows restart might be required before and after reinstalling those.