Author Topic: New Fuel Truck position not aligned with fuel inlet  (Read 11707 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Fuel Truck position not aligned with fuel inlet
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2018, 11:03:12 am »
Well, it was a disaster comparing it to how it was before, it worked beautifully before.

It's much more realistic than before, and the problem with the wrong fuel hoses has been fixed.

The fuel truck is running into other ground equipment as it approaches the airplane, sometimes it's driving all the way to the other side of the airplane and then driving through it to get back to the other side, the fuel cables aren't lining up at all (I know you're fixing this and I've tried to fix it myself through the airplane editor but it didn't work)

This is only because we gave you now the ability to do fuel together with other services. There was a reason why it wasn't allowed before, and was exactly to reduce the chance for conflicting vehicles. Now, it's more under your responsibility.

ChuckOman

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2018, 02:43:26 pm »
Umberto - thanks for the fuel hose fix !   Lineup on FSL A320 seems perfect. 

Any chance you can change the fuel upload display to the opposite side of the fuel truck ? 
Previously you could watch fueling using a standard spot view from beyond the wing. 
As it is now the pump display doors open onto the engine nacelle, so you need a special view to see it, and the space between the truck and engine is so tight it is difficult to see both the display and the fueler attaching the hoses. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2018, 09:23:07 pm »
As it is now the pump display doors open onto the engine nacelle, so you need a special view to see it, and the space between the truck and engine is so tight it is difficult to see both the display and the fueler attaching the hoses. 

I guess we could.

Note that, in the future, the tanker truck will be far less common, since the preferred method (at least at gates), will be a fuel hydrant, which we are working on.

ivanrk

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2018, 03:08:47 pm »
I absolutely agree.  The way the fuel tank was operating before the update was perfect.  Now that it is facing the wrong way you cannot read the meter and it drives all over the place and through other vehicles to get there.  Please put it back the way it was.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2018, 05:08:32 pm »
I absolutely agree.  The way the fuel tank was operating before the update was perfect.  Now that it is facing the wrong way you cannot read the meter and it drives all over the place and through other vehicles to get there.  Please put it back the way it was.

No, it's NOW facing in the more realistic way, one that won't cause any problems with other vehicles that now CAN operate at the same time with it. Please read my previous answers, which explain why the fuel truck has been correctly changed they way it is now.

We'll reverse the fuel indicator, but that's another issue entirely.

Aang72

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2018, 07:36:37 pm »
With the last update, this issue has reappeared for my PDMG 737-800. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2019, 01:36:26 pm »
With the last update, this issue has reappeared for my PDMG 737-800. 

Which issue ?