Author Topic: Remove sode jetways at Drzewiecki design washington X airport  (Read 3184 times)

Baugham2

Remove sode jetways at Drzewiecki design washington X airport
« on: November 04, 2018, 12:04:35 am »
The current sode jetways at washington x do not work with gsx since level 2 was added. They still work with shift +d but you don’t get passengers or passenger sounds.
Currently there are no jetways according to customization page but the DD Sode jetways are there and do work with the shift+d command.
You can select a new jetway but i can’t get rid of the DD Sode jetways.
I am currently removing sode jetways from 3 other airports by removing the xml file for the jetways and replacing them with GSX Sode jetways.
So far i have not found a way to remove the jetways from Drzewiecki design Washington X , so i was wondering if anyone else has been successful at doing this. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

w6kd

Re: Remove sode jetways at Drzewiecki design washington X airport
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 02:48:28 pm »
The Drzewiecki Design sceneries use a compiled (.sdx) variant of an xml file, which is located in the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\sdx directory.  Just rename the KDCA_X.sdx file to KDCA_x.sdx.OFF and it's the same as disabling the xml for a scenery that uses that.  Unlike the xml files, though, the only option is to remove the whole thing--you can't edit the sdx files just to fix a few jetways.

Regards

Bob Scott

Baugham2

Re: Remove sode jetways at Drzewiecki design washington X airport
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 06:36:24 pm »
thanks Bob for the information. That did remove the jetways and allowed me to install GSX-sode jetways.
 there appears to be a major issue with trying to get passengers to properly enter the jetways. they seemed to spawn in the right place but in some locations they would go up above the jetways and in some locations they acted like they couldn't get in but went into wall first and then entered the jetway.  finally gave up, too many jetways to deal with all that.

did you have the same problems?  I have not gotten any at KDCA to work correctly yet. Is there a special way? haven't had these issues at any other airport, usually just butt them to the wall and align. guess I will have to rethink this.

Thanks for your help.