Author Topic: GSX problem raised by engine or unspecified addon  (Read 2213 times)

hkhk1

GSX problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
« on: November 03, 2018, 10:24:55 am »
Hi all,

I've just started having a problem whenever I load Aerosoft's EDDF (Frankfurt). Just as Couatl is starting up (prepar3d v4), I receive this error and am forced to quit Couatl. I've read everything I can find on the forums regarding this but am at a loss as to what to do next.

couatl v3.2 (build 4057)
panic log started on Sat Nov  3 09:18:19 2018

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'EDDF', 'User Pos': (50.02657603477129, 8.535131486132737, 112.837 m, 1.88976 m, 339.94317624717934)}

So far I have tried the following:
- rebuild Prepar3d
- reinstall GSX (including addon manager)
- added Addon Manager to my list of excluded folders with Antivirus
- removed and reinstalled Aerosoft EDDF

The problem is likely with the airport (or something caused when the scenery is active), as this error does not occur with the default scenery. Does anyone have any suggestions that might be able to help at all? As mentioned, I've already read through the forums here and tried as many possible solutions as possible, but simply cannot get it working!  :-[ Thanks for the help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 10:36:45 am »
The problem is likely with the airport (or something caused when the scenery is active), as this error does not occur with the default scenery

Have you made or downloaded a GSX customization file for this airport ? If yes, try to remove it, it might have some errors, or might have been made before an update we made in the meantime, which might have fixed problems with the editor.

Remove every file related to EDDF from this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

hkhk1

Re: GSX problem raised by engine or unspecified addon ***Solved***
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 10:42:51 am »
This worked perfectly! Incidentally, should I remove all files from the Virtuali/GSX folder? Any customisations I made (and I did some editing) are not important, and can be reset to default.
Once again, thank you for the quick reply, and as always, great products.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX problem raised by engine or unspecified addon ***Solved***
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 10:44:42 am »
This worked perfectly! Incidentally, should I remove all files from the Virtuali/GSX folder? Any customisations I made (and I did some editing) are not important, and can be reset to default.

That's for you to decide, depending how extensive your customization was.