Author Topic: GSX2 Activation Error! Help!  (Read 1625 times)

crauds

GSX2 Activation Error! Help!
« on: October 27, 2018, 12:18:42 pm »
Just purchased GSX2 for FSX SP2 and on install it said it was activated.  Loaded FSX and got the Esellerate Engines Error during loading.  Proceeded past the popup to load FSX.  When attempting to activate a gate, got the message that GSX2 was not active.  Went to Addons menu and noticed that it said I was still in the trial mode.  Entered my serial number and again got the error as in the image below.  I am connected to the internet so have no clue what this means or how to resolve it.  I have a valid receipt of purchase and a corresponding serial number.  What gives?

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

A320-Simmer

Re: GSX2 Activation Error! Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 01:40:38 pm »
Same problem here - what´s going wrong. Really annoying.

Regards,
Christoph

A320-Simmer

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 01:52:22 pm »
Web based activation worked now.

Regards

crauds

Re: GSX2 Activation Error! Help! [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 02:52:25 pm »
I was able to do that also.  It now shows that I am activated.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 11:07:54 pm »
Esellerate must have problems on some of their servers. I heard both Flightbeam and FSLabs, that use Esellerate too, are getting the same error.

If you try again, you should be prompted to do a Web activation, and that will work.

crauds

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 01:21:49 am »
Thanks, Umberto!

That is what I did and it worked.  But I had a strange occurrence as I was stumbling through my first gate reconstruction.  I proceeded to begin operating on gates at YSCB (see my other post) but as I was trying to raise the guidance screen while in editor, I got a couati error announcing it was restarting.  I clicked yes to allow the restart but it never restarted and the menu no longer had couati or gsx entries.  I closed FSX and attempted to restart 2 times but could not get couati to load.  When I went into addon-manager it showed that I was in trial mode for both GSX and GSX2.  I tried to re-enter my serial number at the prompt but it wouldn't take it.  Fortunately after I rebooted my computer everything loaded normally and it showed that GSX2 was again active.  I did not check the log on this but if it happens again, I will post the issue with log details if possible.

Overall, I am very impressed with the enormous amount of detail and flexibility that you programmed into this.  It is way beyond expectations.  Thank you for such dedicated diligence.   It is indeed a giant step into virtual reality for the whole flightsim community. 

Craig
Craig Williams