Author Topic: Path to Exclude Files is incorrect  (Read 2869 times)

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Path to Exclude Files is incorrect
« on: September 17, 2018, 04:05:55 pm »
Umberto,

The path in the Addon file for the Exclude files is incorrect. It includes the word scenery which is not required. Checking the paths for all the FSDT airports I own does not include the scenery folder. That is assumed.

I edited it and removed '\scenery'. When P3D started it rebuilt its scenery indexes. That had not previously happened.

I managed to create my first custom jetway after following the video tutorial. The only thing that foxed me was finding and running the Control Panel.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Path to Exclude Files is incorrect
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 04:17:35 pm »
The path in the Addon file for the Exclude files is incorrect. It includes the word scenery which is not required. Checking the paths for all the FSDT airports I own does not include the scenery folder. That is assumed.

It doesn't matter, the sim always recognized both forms, and when using the add-on.xml, is possible to specify the path including the scenery folder.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 04:22:08 pm »
It doesn't matter, the sim always recognized both forms, and when using the add-on.xml, is possible to specify the path including the scenery folder.

Okay, understood but for consistency I have edited my version.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

Roland

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 10:26:06 am »
Does it matter what priority the exclude file has, i.e. should it be under or above all other fsdt scenery layers or not?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 06:30:43 pm »
Does it matter what priority the exclude file has, i.e. should it be under or above all other fsdt scenery layers or not?

No, it doesn't matter. We are not sure if this is correct, or it's a bug in the sim but, it seems that exclude files not linked to a specific ICAO code, always exclude everything, which sometimes might be bad but, in this case, it's useful.