Author Topic: Both Doors Aft/Forward open  (Read 2495 times)

josh_drummond

Both Doors Aft/Forward open
« on: March 04, 2018, 09:10:01 am »
I am running P3D 4.2.  When ever I load up and board a flight GSX will automatically open both the forward and aft doors on my aircraft.   How do I fix this?  I have disabled in the aircraft customization so there is no exit on the aft door and yet it still opens it anyway when I begin to board.  How do you fix this?  I'm running the PMDG 737-800 NGX which has its own ability to open each individual door desperately.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Both Doors Aft/Forward open
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 11:38:59 am »
GSX never opens any doors automatically so, either it's a feature of an airplane, or some other addon you have installed is doing this.

Also, GSX never changes the way you open doors. It doesn't touch any of the airplane systems so, anything you change in the GSX airplane configuration, won't affect how an airplane works in any way, it's only used to inform GSX of the actual location of the doors and the variables that controls the doors, but GSX *never* changes such variables, it only read them in order to know if it's a door is open or not.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:41:32 am by virtuali »

josh_drummond

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 04:29:52 pm »
This video explains otherwise.  Sorry for the late response I didn't turn on email notifications for this post.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U-ngtAGv0ql2czZsU2SAcvgACG015t8f

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 05:35:04 pm »
This video explains otherwise.  

The video only shows that doors opened after selecting a GSX menu option, but that doesn't mean GSX is doing that! There are 3rd party addons, that intercept what GSX is doing, and THEY open the doors.  One of them is MCE (Multi-Crew Experience), but there might be others as well.

If you don't use such addon, another possible reason for this, is that you are seeing the very well known P3D 4.2 bug that has been discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17485.msg122680.html#msg122680

If the doors on the PMDG can be opened by pressing a numeric key, you are seeing the 3rd bug explained in the linked thread, which is the last key pressed in a menu (NOT necessarily the GSX menu, ANY menu), will be sent to the sim after the menu has been selected so, you are mislead thinking it was GSX that opened the door, but that's just because the last numeric key pressed on the menu, was sent back to the sim.

a320wolf

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 11:20:42 am »
Hi Josh,

if you use Linda add-on and the 777/737 module (or any other module), you have the answer. The module is programmed to automatically close/open the doors by monitoring GSX status.
To disable this behavior look at this post: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/500848-explanation-of-lindas-gsx-door-service/

Regards, Max

josh_drummond

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 09:48:44 pm »
Sorry for the extremely late reply.  I fixed it with that.  Now I need to know why my flaps retract on approach when using LINDA.