Author Topic: Unable to download GSX new update  (Read 1960 times)

Lucky1508

Unable to download GSX new update
« on: September 20, 2018, 06:04:47 pm »
Hello, dear FSDT !

Since the release of GSX v2 expansion, I'm totally unable to download the new GSX update (GSX full installer from your website), because it's too slow. I can't reach more than 40 kb/s and stops after a few time, and for a 1 Gb download that's quite annoying.
I've tried many things, using another browser, a download manager, but changes nothing : the download speed is incredibly slow.
I don't think the problem came from me, because I've got a constant 11 Mo/s download speed on any other services.

The fact is that it's freezing my sim : I'm unable to use GSX ("addon outdated") and take it like a compliment, I just can't fly without GSX !

Is there any way to improve download speed ? Any mirrored links or something like that ?

Thank you :)

(PS: sorry for bad english, I'm french and I need more improvements ;) )

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to download GSX new update
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:02:05 pm »
Our installers are hosted on Amazon, and cached with the Cloudflare distribution network, which automatically finds the server closest to your location, from more than 120 different servers. There's no way to offer a faster download.

So yes, the problem is on your end, since nobody ever reported slower downloads since we use this system (we are using it since last year).

Perhaps there's a problem with your local Cloudflare server, you can try all the following:

- restart the modem to get a different IP

- clear your browser cache

- try with a different browser

- clear all browser cookies coming from fsdreamteam.com

- disable every firewall or antivirus that can stop the download