Author Topic: Multiple buses on stand  (Read 3348 times)

XiZy

Multiple buses on stand
« on: September 16, 2018, 03:12:58 pm »
Hello, I am now deboarding an 737-800 with config for 189 on stand with no jetway and total 3 buses had to arrive to my stand and the last one took only 9 remaining pax. Will there be any chance to have at least two buses at once on stand so I dont need to wait that long until every bus goes through whole airport to my stand?

Also, as there is a window to type pax to board/deboard it would be good to have the window to type Y/N if we are doing a turnaround so the crew doesnt need to get deboarded.  :)

rdlepage

Re: Multiple buses on stand
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 04:34:29 pm »
I agree. The delay between each bus is unrealistic. The second bus should arrive shortly after the first one as in real life and would speed up the boarding.
I also agree with an option not to de board crew every time.

sanookbkk

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:21:35 pm »
Yes i think crew boarding deboarding should be separeted from pax boarding. In real life pax never board just 2 minutes after crew anyway...

stevefocus

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 05:14:13 am »
Yeah I agree also.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 11:55:17 am »
Two buses at the same time haven't been done, for the obvious performance reasons. You can still speed up the passenger boarding by raising the passenger density. With a cost on fps, of course.

XiZy

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 08:01:52 pm »
Yes I have it on insane, it runs quite good, I mean, if pax are deboarding via two stairs, why cant first stairs pax go to first bus and second stairs pax to second bus? Why there would be some performance reason?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 09:38:44 pm »
Yes I have it on insane, it runs quite good, I mean, if pax are deboarding via two stairs, why cant first stairs pax go to first bus and second stairs pax to second bus?

It still won't speed up the boarding, since passengers will still be spaced the same (so they overall number on screen at any given time will be the same ) as if they came with another bus so, you'll get the performance hit caused by the 2nd bus itself, with no decrease in boarding time, and with the added complication of having to manouver two bus in the apron.

Really, having multiple bus at the same time will speed boarding minimally: the only time you'll save will be the time taken for the 2nd bus to arrive.

XiZy

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 03:59:30 pm »
And what about the crew option? Is this possible to add?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 12:12:25 am »
And what about the crew option? Is this possible to add?

We have confirmed in multiple times and multiple posts on the forum it can be added in a future update. No release dates. It will come when it'll be ready.