Author Topic: No Jetway can operate at this position error  (Read 3073 times)

bhorv67

No Jetway can operate at this position error
« on: September 13, 2018, 04:19:35 am »
I'm trying to follow the steps illustrated in the tutorial video to add new Level2 SODE jetways at FSDT KDFW. I've done this successfully at other airports, but having issues at KDFW. After completing the steps (exclude, quit p3d, compile, open p3d, edit vehicle locations, replace with new jetbridge), I get an error from GSX - No jetway can operate at this position.

Also - how do I increase the elevation of the new jetway to match the scenery bridge height - some gates at KDFW have the bridges higher than the jetways. I can't find in the manual how to do this.

Appreciate the help.

bhorv67

Re: No Jetway can operate at this position error
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 04:45:22 am »
Think I resolved the issue - it's working now. The parking / stop position is sensitive to the length of the jetway. More so that I thought. I moved the stop position closer to the terminal and now it's ok.

Would still like to know how to raise the height of the jetway itself, if the scenery has a bridge that's at a different elevation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Jetway can operate at this position error
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 01:52:24 am »
Would still like to know how to raise the height of the jetway itself, if the scenery has a bridge that's at a different elevation.

The height cannot be set, and the reasons has been answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18161.msg128163.html#msg128163

The Jetways we provided have different heights (Thyssen are higher than JBT) and we have two versions of the corrugated bridge, the ones with the names ending in _S are "slanted", which should ease matching the lower height JBTs with higher terminal buildings.