Author Topic: GSX boarding time settings  (Read 14653 times)

josh_drummond

GSX boarding time settings
« on: September 13, 2018, 03:14:52 am »
So in the old system you can set how long you wanted to board.  I always had it set for 5 min.  How to change this in the new system?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX boarding time settings
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:22:27 am »
Quoting from the GSX Manual, Page 26:

Since passengers are now no longer simulated, but will appear as actual animated characters, the original timings in seconds/passenger will not be meaningful anymore: the time required to board passengers will be a combination of their walking speed and their density. Each passenger has its own walking speed, which depends by its animation and walking style, but it’s possible to control the passenger Density, which will affect the number of animated passengers visible on screen at any given time.

josh_drummond

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 03:41:24 am »
Link to the new manual please?  I can't seem to find it.  Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 03:43:22 am »
Like any other Windows program, the installer has created a program group "Fsdreamteam" in your Windows Start group, with a link to the manual.

josh_drummond

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 03:45:14 am »
Ok I found it, though I have not purchased Level 2 that option changed in my settings.  Is there a way to revert back to the older settings that level 1 had?

Rikypara

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 10:06:53 am »
Hi Umberto!

I use this thread as it’s related to the topic.
I normally use pax density: insane, which I find the most correlated to the low cost airline boarding I simulated.
Obviously, as the name says, boarding/deboarding it’s very fast. Can we include, maybe on user request, a random time delay. So, sometimes, instead of entering very fast on the plane, some pax doing slower and delaying a bit boarding time?

As a curiosity, is simulated any difference, in boarding time with 1 or 2 doors boarding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 01:17:36 am »
Ok I found it, though I have not purchased Level 2 that option changed in my settings. 

Were you in a Trial or FSDT airport ? If yes, that's normal: on this airports Level 2 IS active, regardless if you purchased it or not.

josh_drummond

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 08:44:12 pm »
Yes I believe I was at an FSDT airport.  But though the fact of not being able to set the time on boarding and deboarding is frustrating because I knew exactly how much time I needed between flights.  If you're in a group flight and you had 5 minutes set you can do a turn and burn in less then 15 minutes.  With the slider I have no idea how much time to allow between my flights.  I wish the time feature would be brought back or something to change with the current settings to stay at a fixed boarding time.

Also another thing I noticed, when boarding I would have 170 pax and deboarding at my arrival airport I would have 139 pax?  Is there a way to set this number for a flight?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 09:29:54 pm »
But though the fact of not being able to set the time on boarding and deboarding is frustrating because I knew exactly how much time I needed between flights.

Are you complaining because we now have a realistic boarding instead of a simulated one ? Are you able in real life to anticipate *EXACTLY* how much time real people will take to board ?

If you're in a group flight and you had 5 minutes set you can do a turn and burn in less then 15 minutes.

And leave people on ground if they cannot board fast enough. I mean, in real life...

With the slider I have no idea how much time to allow between my flights.  I wish the time feature would be brought back or something to change with the current settings to stay at a fixed boarding time.

That would mean getting rid of passengers. Which was probably one of the reason why you might want to have GSX L2 to begin with...

Also another thing I noticed, when boarding I would have 170 pax and deboarding at my arrival airport I would have 139 pax?  Is there a way to set this number for a flight?

GSX manual, Page 29:

Estimate passengers number

If this option is disabled, GSX will always ask confirmation from the user about the number of passengers onboard. If the option is enabled, GSX will estimate the passenger number automatically, without asking confirmation. By default, the option is enabled, which mimics the standard behavior GSX always had until this version.

And, you can use the "Passenger Density" slider to reduce boarding times as well. With some fps cost, of course.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 09:31:27 pm by virtuali »

josh_drummond

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 12:57:17 am »
I did not see in the GSX manual page 29 where to set that.  All it was talking about
airline codes and parking

https://gyazo.com/8e29728132bf45baf1a241a4d833f4ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 08:30:54 am »
I did not see in the GSX manual page 29 where to set that.  All it was talking about

That's because you have an old version of the manual, one that was probably current with the old GSX version, which leads to believe you installed using the old GSX installed, not with the one that comes with GSX Level 2. The page in your screenshot is now Page 33 so, clearly, you have an outdated manual and an outdated GSX.

Download and install using only the current GSX installer.

pvupilot

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 11:36:53 pm »
The only suggestion I have with timings is the unloading of the baggage. It would be cool to change that if we'd like.

josh_drummond

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 04:47:38 am »
Sorry for the late reply.  Everything is working fine as it should.  Thanks for all the help!!!  Sorry to be a pain............ :-[ :-[ :-[