Author Topic: Autogen loading problem GSX level 2  (Read 12143 times)

peja1591

Re: Autogen loading problem GSX level 2
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2018, 08:31:17 pm »
my problem is that at the scenario startup, the autogen is fine. One i start flying away from that airport area no autogen, and blurry textures everywhere with GSX 2 installed.

somiller

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2018, 09:04:07 pm »
The order of my installs:

Step 1.) KJFK2, including allowing automatic Live update to complete. - after which the error indicating I needed the new GSX

Step 2.) GSX install )from newly downloaded installer from FSDT downloads), including allowing automatic Live update to complete. - which then gave the KFJK error above.

Is there a different set of directories/programs which need to be excluded from antivirus/firewall than what were required before the updates? I've been using FSDT products, including the Live Update, for quite some time without errors, it has only surfaced since the update.

If something is causing Live Update to not complete satisfactorily (such as antivirus/firewall block), doesn't it seem reasonable that it would help if an error log was created saying as much? Then we wouldn't be speculating that it MIGHT be related to AV/firewall block?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 09:13:52 pm »
If something is causing Live Update to not complete satisfactorily (such as antivirus/firewall block), doesn't it seem reasonable that it would help if an error log was created saying as much? Then we wouldn't be speculating that it MIGHT be related to AV/firewall block?

Of course it's possible to create a log and, this is not even always required because, the latest Live Update (since GSX L2), as soon as it downloads a file, it will verify its hash and will compare it against the server, to be sure nothing is "blocking" the download. And will give you an alert about it.

OF COURSE, if your antivirus has even blocked the Live Update *itself*, such function wasn't available in the old Live Update.

But the issue is, if you installed the new JFK 2 and the new GSX, they already CONTAIN the new Live Update so, it's really not possible something like you are describing. The only possible (highly unlikely) chance for this to be happening, is that your local Cloudflare node, which caches all our Live Update files, still hasn't been updated with the new files we posted yesterday.

It's very unlikely, but it's theoretically possible, and it's the only explanation compatible with your report, also considering NOBODY else has posted the same error at JFK2 so, if we really had the old version online (we don't), every single JFK2 user would have seen the same error, not just you.

You might also try this, remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

Then run Live Update again. That's another folder that a firewall/antivirus might mess up with.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 09:38:31 pm »
my problem is that at the scenario startup, the autogen is fine. One i start flying away from that airport area no autogen, and blurry textures everywhere with GSX 2 installed.

Another video here, starting from JFK2, in the most autogen-heavy area of the world, with the most autogen-unfriendly airplane possible, under the worse possible situation for blurries (flying at high speed).

No blurries, no autogen loss.

somiller

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2018, 10:09:00 pm »
I deleted %APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache, and ran Live Updater and was able to load KJFK without any errors, unfortunately I ended up with 2 overlapping jetways at most stands.

At this point does it make sense for me to download ALL airport installers, for airports I own, from the FSDT download page, uninstall all FSDT content, and start over with fresh installs and see what I get?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:08:14 pm by virtuali »

peja1591

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2018, 10:23:11 pm »
Hello, i uninstalled and reinstalled GSX 2 and everything is working fine now. Whatever the problem was, it is now gone and fixed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2018, 11:12:12 pm »
unfortunately I ended up with 2 overlapping jetways at most stands.

This has been already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18503.msg128532.html#msg128532

Yes, there was a problem with the AFCAD which was online until now, but it's fixed. Run Live Update again to get it.

somiller

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 12:13:47 am »
unfortunately I ended up with 2 overlapping jetways at most stands.

This has been already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18503.msg128532.html#msg128532

Yes, there was a problem with the AFCAD which was online until now, but it's fixed. Run Live Update again to get it.

Umberto,

Thanks, I'll run Live Update and check out the jetways at JFK. I assume it should be okay to install the other 9 of my FSDT airports?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 12:16:12 am »
I assume it should be okay to install the other 9 of my FSDT airports?

Yes, they should work.

mike4370

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2018, 12:49:25 am »

I had the exact same thing as quoted above happen to me yesterday, I flew from FSDT KLAS to flightbeam KSFO and KSFO still was not fully loaded when I landed there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2018, 01:02:35 am »
flightbeam KSFO and KSFO still was not fully loaded when I landed there.

Flightbeam KSFO doesn't use our Addon Manager anymore so, the problem cannot possibly be caused by GSX or its possible interaction with another scenery that use the same engine.

mike4370

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2018, 01:11:31 am »
well, I also noticed as I flew away from KLAS, the airport was just a big black square and took a really long time to reappear which is not normal for my system, usually it takes maybe a second or two. I'm about to do a flight back to KLAS and see how it goes. I've ran live update again and hopefully addressed the other problems I was having since installing GSX L2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2018, 01:18:31 am »
If KLAS takes too much time to load textures, while flying, the problem is clearly totally unrelated to GSX, which is not doing *anything* if you are flying, other than check your position and see if you are close to an airport.

All GSX vehicles and jetways, which might theoretically consume texture memory, will be destroyed once you fly away from the airport.

Of course, if your simulator is already overloaded with too high settings, too many addons, even the very act of the proper clean up of resources, which is correctly made by GSX to free up memory (not really by GSX, but the simulator itself, after GSX ask it to remove its objects), might take some time.

somiller

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2018, 02:03:18 am »
I assume it should be okay to install the other 9 of my FSDT airports?

Yes, they should work.

Umberto,

I installed KCLT, and I'm right back to where I started...loaded into Eglin (default scenario), then loaded KCLT - both loaded fine, but then I loaded KJFK and it took 10 minutes to load. Load progress for JFK got stuck at 37% for almost 5 minutes, then slowly progressed to a pause at 69%, and then very slowly loaded up to 100%.

I don't have a clue what to do now, as disabling RTT did nothing for me. I'll try uninstalling KCLT and see if I get back to everything loading okay again. If it does, I'll install a different airport and see if things load normally.

somiller

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2018, 03:01:48 am »
Well, so I uninstalled KCLT, and installed KSDF and it's the same problem...the 3rd FSDT airport load takes about 10 minutes. I loaded 10 different non-FSDT airports one after the other and had no problem, so all the evidence I have points to FSDT and something about the updated GSX that causes a problem that didn't exist until I updated.

I'm curious if the fact that I seem to be the only one reporting my specific symptom, if it's because I am not running GSX Level 2 (I didn't buy or install Level 2), and if it's not specific to an updated GSX without Level 2. I mean, how many people would have a reason to run Live Update to see that they need to download a new GSX full installer if they haven't changed anything related to FSDT on their system. And how many people have attempted to load several FSDT airports, one right after the other, after installing the updated GSX - only reason I did, was to see the new jetways, and see how they worked.

Umberto, I know you said you did a test load of several airports, but I suspect you have Level 2 installed. Have you tried it on a system with only updated GSX, without Level 2?

I'd really like to buy Level 2, but I won't even consider it until my problem is solved without it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 03:40:07 am by somiller »