Author Topic: Cargo plane - Change type of stairs.  (Read 2430 times)

DreamSkywards

Cargo plane - Change type of stairs.
« on: August 23, 2018, 09:16:41 pm »
Hi,

Just a quick question regarding the stairs used when ticking the cargo plane box.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1839/43317646165_24128d71f9_o.jpg

These types of stairs are not used in Geneva. Is there any chances I might replace these with the standart pax stairs?

DreamSkywards

Re: Cargo plane - Change type of stairs.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 08:54:06 am »
Well I managed to get rid of these stairs by unticking the cargo plane box but then of course I get asked the number of pax...on a cargo plane.

Went into FSDT_Staircase_Cargo to modify the variable condition_1 to FALSE, the cargo stairs did indeed not show up, but then I had no stairs at all. I was hoping to see the standard pax. stairs but nope.

Any other way to get rid of the cargo stairs at certain airports?

Edit: After further inspecting the forum to see if anyone else had brought this topic up, it seems like the pax. stairs were replaced by the cargo stairs because people thought it was not realistic to see them attached to cargo aircrafts.

Is there any chances FSDT could add the option to change the stairs? The icao.prefix codes for airports like in other stairs models .cfg file would be excellent, as these cargo stairs are not the default ones used in every airports.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 09:29:42 am by DreamSkywards »

Claude

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 11:03:54 pm »
The current variation was implemented in the March 2018 update to GSX thru Couatl Live Update.
I think a forum exchange in Feb 2018 led to the current variation.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17383.msg121997.html#msg121997

DreamSkywards

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 04:11:33 am »
The current variation was implemented in the March 2018 update to GSX thru Couatl Live Update.
I think a forum exchange in Feb 2018 led to the current variation.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17383.msg121997.html#msg121997

Yep, seems like it. I can understand users felt it was not realistic. But it's also not realistic to have these forced everywhere, even airports where the cargo stairs are just not in use. They could give the option.
Something like a icao prefix in the .cfg so you could add or remove airports where its visible/not visible.

Edit: If I had to give an example, it would be FSDT_Staircase_Fixed.
These ones are not used in Geneva either. But as these stairs have a .cfg file with icao prefixes inside, I was able to remove all instances of LSGG from them!

Edit 2: Looks like I did it!
I just had to remove the isCargo condition from the stairs I wanted to replace the cargo stairs with, and change the isCargo condition of the cargo stairs to False. Of course I will likely have to re-do these steps at each Couatl update.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:38:02 am by DreamSkywards »