Author Topic: GSX not working with newly installed aircrafts  (Read 1412 times)

DasVasker

GSX not working with newly installed aircrafts
« on: August 15, 2018, 10:32:00 am »
Hi,
One day I installed myself new Aerosoft Airbus. When I opend it up for the first time in simulator everything worked, even GSX. But if I opend it up for the second time GSX did not work. When I pressed CTRL+SHIFT+F12 nothing happend, when I tried to open it via the menu nothing happend, when I tried to open Addon Manager it just did not open and when I restart the Couatl Engine only Addon Manager will show up in the menu and i can not open it as before. Same thing happend with my Majestic Dash 8-q400 when I installed it and it has happend to several aircraft what I have installed recently. It works fine with the aircraft what I have installed long time ago. I have uninstalled and installed it several times, but it does not work. I hope someone can help me :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working with newly installed aircrafts
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 03:11:17 pm »
If you are missing the Couatl menu under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working with newly installed aircrafts
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 03:12:52 pm »
Also, if this happens only after a restart of the simulator, it might because you restarted the sim too quickly after closing a previous session, not giving it enough time to release all open files and file locks, so the next session cannot start, because the one from the previous one is still closing.

If your system is overloaded with too many addons, you are short on physical memory, if the system is swapping virtual memory and physical memory from the hard drive and, regardless how fast it is, even the fastest SSD is dozen of times slower than real memory, so it might take a while to clean everything after the sim has been closed.

The only solution, other than waiting a while to ensure everything has been closed (you can use the Task Manager, and wait for Couatl.exe to close, instead of waiting a random amount of time), is to either increase the RAM, or reduce the number of addons loaded or your settings.