Author Topic: GSX Message Display When It Shouldn't  (Read 3837 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
GSX Message Display When It Shouldn't
« on: September 14, 2018, 11:22:43 am »
Had an issue where I connected the jetway to the plane, and as soon as the jetway attached, a message came up saying "GSX battery charger active" or some variant thereof. I have verbosity set, so that no messages should show up. Is there any reason why this one did?
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Message Display When It Shouldn't
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:25:49 am »
Had an issue where I connected the jetway to the plane, and as soon as the jetway attached, a message came up saying "GSX battery charger active" or some variant thereof. I have verbosity set, so that no messages should show up. Is there any reason why this one did?

It seems that message doesn't comply with the Verbosity settings. We'll check this.

StefanA

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 08:10:20 pm »
Hello together,

the change log of last version shows, that there was a fix with the "GSX Battery Charger".

I tested:
- KMIA with version 4 (including SODE jetways): passed
- KLAS (FSDT): passed
- KLAX (FSDT): FAILED!!!
- YBBN (Orbx): FAILED!
- LEPA (Aerosoft): FAILED!

I even customized for example gate 157 and removed the airbox and powerbox. But the message with that "BONG" and disturbing GREEN bar on top of the window comes at every GSX activity since at least one jetway is connected.

I've the latest versions loaded by latest Addon-Manager.

Are you still working on it or are you assuming that it is solved with one of the last versions?

The airplane was a PMDG B747-400 V3.

EDIT marked in RED.

Regards,
Stefan
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:05:18 am by StefanA »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 10:00:16 am »
Please clarify what do you mean with "passed" or "failed". This thread was about an issue with the GSX Battery charger not respecting the Verbosity setting, so the users asked to not see it, even when the jetway DOES have a power unit.

Your message, which is not very clear, but seems to say the battery charger message appears even when the jetway has no power unity, so it doesn't have anything to do with the subject of this thread, which was only related to the Verbosity setting.

And, it's not very clear which message you see.

Just saying it's "disturbing" and "green" doesn't help much, since there are several *different* messages on the green bar (even different messages related to the battery charger) and of course, I cannot possibly imagine what is "disturbing" to you so, please, clarify which message are you getting.

And, it's not clear how these sceneries you flagged in red are made. We cannot possibly know how each 3rd party scenery out there is made so, whenever you refer to a 3rd party scenery, always specify which kind of jetways (if any) it's has. If it already has SODE jetways, how you manage to remove them, if you removed them.

StefanA

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 10:11:27 pm »
Sorry about the confusion.

Passed = No Message when it is set to silent mode
Failed = GSX Battery message in green banner on top of the window with BING sound.

Meanwhile I tried it at several airports and the message comes everywhere except in KLAS and KMIA (V4 with SODE jetways deilvered by LatinVFR).

The message appears in every case although I disabled all messages in GSX settings. It doesn't matter if there's a power unit or not. There shouldn't be a message because I set it to silent. I read the other user's post before adding my post and it is the same. I just did some additional tests to help you with details to possible depending gate configurations.

Because of my "silent" setting, I only get the message "GSX battery charger connected" short after jetway connection. All other messages are successfully disabled by "silent" setting.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:17:30 pm by StefanA »

StefanA

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 04:03:06 pm »
Are you still working on that issue? I found a change log entry in one of the updates about the Battery message. But it's really appearing at every airport except KLAS and KMIA.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 09:29:01 pm »
Are you still working on that issue?

It's fixed now, in today's Live Update.

StefanA

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 02:12:29 am »
Are you still working on that issue?

It's fixed now, in today's Live Update.

Unfortunately it's still not solved:
"GSX Battery charger active." message appears for example at KLAX Gate 157.
It appears when docking the second (aft) jetway, undocking the second jetway and finally when the jetway is in it's parking position again. Starting the docking while jetway one is already docked, the message comes and when finishing the movement again.

At KLAS I didn't see that behavior. At LatinVFR KMIA V4 with SODE jetways I can't reproduce it too.

I installed the latest full installation of all products (KLAS, KLAX, GSX2) and did a live update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 01:13:09 pm »

That's normal. The first jetway does have a power unit.

StefanA

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 12:08:27 pm »

That's normal. The first jetway does have a power unit.
But I set all messages OFF. The settings window tells that all messages are off. Even if I customize the gate's jetways not to have a power unit, the message appears.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 02:51:54 pm »
But I set all messages OFF. The settings window tells that all messages are off

That message might not respect the Verbosity slider, we'll check this.

Even if I customize the gate's jetways not to have a power unit, the message appears.

Doesn't happen here. I can only see a battery message if I dock the Front jetway, which is the only one with a power unit at KLAX (Gate 134). If I dock only the Aft and the Upper, there's no message, even with the Verbosity at maximum.