Author Topic: gsx seems to use a wrong afcad file  (Read 8173 times)

dhennezellouis

gsx seems to use a wrong afcad file
« on: July 02, 2018, 02:08:29 pm »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14GzUAfF6zD5tMOg2lW2iaQphBZP6xFfY

here you can see the picture
gsx seems to use the wrong afcad file when i use an addonscenery
here it's the lfrs scenery (jetstream design) i use p3d v4.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: gsx seems to use a wrong afcad file
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 02:13:31 pm »
GSX respect the normal layer order of the simulator so, it will use the scenery for that airport which has the highest priority.

However, there might be other reasons why an AFCAD is not used:

- It's not self-contained. Some AFCAD are only enhancements to the default one, and are supposed to work together with it. GSX doesn't support this, it will only read one AFCAD at the time.

- It's too large. Some scenery developers put textures inside the AFCAD, making it too big. In order to save loading time, GSX automatically discards all .BGL larger than what is considered normal for an AFCAD, by default 1.2 MB, but you can tweak this setting with the airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13489.msg100092.html#msg100092

dhennezellouis

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 03:04:56 pm »
however i had an other p3d sometimes agoand the afcad file of the addon scenery of lfrs worked well

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 03:29:51 pm »
I don't understand your reply: is it working now ? If not, re-read again my last reply.

If you enable logging in the GSX Settings page, then select the "Restart and rebuild airport cache" option, the Couatl.LOG file that will be created will give you some idea if the correct AFCAD has been rejected for some reason.

dhennezellouis

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 10:47:12 pm »
on my p3d v3 gsx work well with my addonscenery but on my p3d v4 it doesnt work well but now on my p3d v4 gsx doesnt work with the addon scenery

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 09:01:45 am »
As I've said:

If you enable logging in the GSX Settings page, then select the "Restart and rebuild airport cache" option, the Couatl.LOG file that will be created will give you some idea if the correct AFCAD has been rejected for some reason.

dhennezellouis

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 10:10:56 am »
and if the good afacd does not work what should i do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 11:24:07 am »
As I've said:

Please do as instructed, because my next reply depends on what you'll find in the Couatl.LOG, which is why I asked to produce one.

dhennezellouis

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 11:36:51 am »
is the couatl.log file in roaming / virtuali? if yes there is only one file couatl.ini and in this file there is: logFile = ""

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 02:30:05 pm »
That's because you haven't followed my instructions properly. As I've said:

You missed the part in Bold.

dhennezellouis

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 03:25:42 pm »
here you have my couatl.log

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 04:14:28 pm »
Your log shows GSX loaded this file:

D:\Prepar3D v4\addon scenery\JetStream Designs Nantes Atlantique\scenery\LFRS_ADEX_JSD_GAstatics.bgl

Is not the right one ? From its name, it looks like an AFCAD.

dhennezellouis

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 04:51:53 pm »

as i can see it is not good because gsx makes mistakes but for this senery I have about twenty .bgl files so it is possible that it uses a bad file
is it possible to change the afcad that gsx uses?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 11:42:21 pm »
as i can see it is not good because gsx makes mistakes but for this senery

GSX doesn't do any "mistakes".

It just reads what's inside THAT .BGL so, either that .BGL is correct for that scenery, or it's not. If the .BGL is correct, GSX will work correctly, if the .BGL is not correct, GSX will just show that.

That's why I asked: are you SURE *THAT* .BGL is the correct one that is supposed to be used for that scenery ? Because, if it's not the right one, we can start exploring why GSX hasn't picked the right one. But if it's the right one, and it contains mistakes, GSX will just show that.

And, your screenshot didn't say much: you only displayed a pushback going in a strange place. This can be easily caused by mistakes in the AFCAD, like orphaned nodes, overlapping nodes, etc., which will confuse the pushback. So, it's just a problem with the pushback, please indicate that.

When GSX is using the "wrong" AFCAD, you usually have other issues too, like parking names not matching, airplane misplaced when you select the "Warp me there" function, etc. Do you have such issues too ?