Author Topic: [SOLVED] FSX GSX Not showing in addons dropdown  (Read 3439 times)

danGigantic

[SOLVED] FSX GSX Not showing in addons dropdown
« on: June 08, 2018, 10:13:01 pm »
Hello,

You have probably seen this before but I have tried all the other fixes with no joy.

I have just came back to my PC after it being off for a month to this new problem. GSX does not seem to be running, I open the Addon Manager which says GSX is installed and registered. Couatl is not showing either in the addon menu.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the anti-virus off with no joy.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 07:54:42 pm by danGigantic »

danGigantic

Re: FSX GSX Not showing in addons dropdown
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 03:15:39 pm »
Seem to have the same problem as this guy: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17933.0.html

But i have the most up to date GSX and addon manager

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 03:40:58 pm »
See this thread, named "Couatl missing from fsx menu ** SOLVED **"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17127.0.html

danGigantic

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 08:47:01 pm »
where is the Addon Manager folder?

danGigantic

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 09:11:45 pm »
no "Addon Manager" Folder found in C: or D:

Switched off anti virus (AVG), ran "Couatl_Updater.exe" (D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl).
Ran FSX (anti virus still off), still no GSX or Couatl.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 02:45:01 pm »
Switched off anti virus (AVG), ran "Couatl_Updater.exe" (D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl).

Are you using an old version (pre-2017) of the GSX installer, which used to install INTO the sim by default, or you explicitly override the default installation folder for our software and told it to go into the sim ?

In the first case, use only the latest installer on our site.

If, instead, you DO have the latest installer, but decided to override the default location and tell it to install into the sim, that's not the best choice right now, because we know install OUTSIDE the sim. In this case, Uninstall every FSDT product and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager". This will Undo your previous choice, and will let you to choose the installation folder again on the next reinstall.

Unless you don't have enough space on C:, the suggested location under C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager is the most sensible choice. If your C: drive is a bit low on space, you can install on another drive but, choosing the SIM folder is not usually a good idea so, use D: and will install into D:\Addon Manager, and that's perfectly fine too.

danGigantic

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 07:54:28 pm »
back in business! :D

Thank you all for your help :)

The problem was I was confusing myself by having loads of installers in my downloads.