Author Topic: FSDT LiveUpdate runtime error  (Read 3135 times)

robertorizzo

FSDT LiveUpdate runtime error
« on: May 27, 2018, 07:26:10 pm »
Hello, proud user of gsx from its first release. Today I'm gettind the "runtime error out of range" FSDT Live update , updating FSDT_Jetway/texture.2/texture.cfg, then after pressing ok it syas "Error 3 running C:\program Files(86)\addom manager\Couatl_Updater2.exe which means The system cannot find the path specified. I had a close look to this topic http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=v8d11sedtaa8sd5pdtjg9n9jl0&topic=15972.msg114507#msg114507.
My system is P3D4.2, Windows 7 64, malwarebytes off, defender off, no other antiviruses, Liveupdt started as admin.
I already tried without success:
-a complete uninstall and reinstall of fsdt gsx, kmem
-I deleted the appdata virtuali updatecache folder
-I found  couatlupdater2.exe in its folder and deleted it then launched the couatlupdater.exe
-I downloaded and installed as admin the last gsx setup
-I downloaded and installed as admin the last addon manager

I found a Microsoft visual c++ 2012 (x64) with the date of yesterday so I didn't removed it but i choose "repair"

So, any ideas? THX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT LiveUpdate runtime error
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:13:47 pm »
The error about the missing updater is surely caused by a defective antivirus, which has removed the updater itslef, mistakenly assuming it might be "dangerous", just because it's downloading something. Of course it is...it's an updater!

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- Reinstall GSX.

robertorizzo

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 11:48:19 am »
1) configured Malwarebytes to exclude addon manager folder
2) reinstalled gsx

Gsx installation launches fsdt live updater, after the download of gsx manual.pdf it stops with the following message "FSDT_BaggageWagon/texture/texture.cfg Matches remote file, skipping update. Runtime error Out Of Range

Furthermore gsx says "airport cache reg completed with failure in 1 sec" and stops.

Let's say i can live without the updater but I would gsx and airports working.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:19:31 pm by robertorizzo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 10:42:40 am »
Gsx installation launches fsdt live updater, after the download of gsx manual.pdf it stops with the following message "FSDT_BaggageWagon/texture/texture.cfg Matches remote file, skipping update. Runtime error Out Of Range

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this problem, and nobody has reported here before. Try this:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- Reinstall GSX using the latest full installer.

Furthermore gsx says "airport cache reg completed with failure in 1 sec" and stops.

That's an entirely different problem, and it's can be caused by several things, the most likely a corrupted .BGL in one of your sceneries, but the antivirus can possibly cause this, and wrong file permission on your system can do that too.

Try removing this folder:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

then do the same Uninstall\Reinstall as explained above.