Author Topic: Stutter on push back **SOLVED**  (Read 3026 times)

aceridgey

Stutter on push back **SOLVED**
« on: April 12, 2018, 06:03:26 pm »
Hi there,

All aircraft addons suffer from noticeable stutter during push.

The only thing I can link this too is the most recent GSX update. Others that I fly with also notice this.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:59:48 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stutter on push back
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:50:09 pm »
Nothing in that video seems to indicate the stuttering it's *caused* by GSX.

With the next to last update, GSX was stuttering *itself* (NOT affecting the sim), because when users had low fps (less than 30 fps), it might miss some animation updates for its own vehicles, because it was self-limiting to not update itself more than 30 times per second, while before it was updating as fast as the frame rate.

This was made to prevent GSX to send too many commands to Simconnect, precisely to not to be too intrusive and not risk affecting other addons.

However, this was really useful only if your frame rate was much higher than 30 fps, otherwise it wouldn't make any difference.

So, the LAST update, made this setting optional (it's in the Addon Manager options, the "cap Simconnect updates" setting, which is disabled by default, so by default, GSX works exactly as it always was.

So, theoretically, if the stuttering you had WAS caused by GSX, it should always been like that, because that's how GSX always worked. You can try that option, and see if it makes any difference for you.

Of course, I assume you DO have the last update (released April 5th), which does have the option.

aceridgey

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 07:58:42 pm »
Coincidentally, I got the FSDT auto update when I just started the sim, which required me to run the update through the desktop. This alone fixed the stuttering on push back, so it seems like there was something there, but it's been fixed it seems :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:56:29 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 09:59:41 pm »
Coincidentally, I got the FSDT auto update when I just started the sim, which required me to run the update through the desktop. This alone fixed the stuttering on push back, so it seems like there was something there, but it's been fixed it seems :)

Which confirms what I've said:

With the next to last update, GSX was stuttering *itself* (NOT affecting the sim), because when users had low fps (less than 30 fps), it might miss some animation updates for its own vehicles, because it was self-limiting to not update itself more than 30 times per second, while before it was updating as fast as the frame rate.

So, the LAST update, made this setting optional (it's in the Addon Manager options, the "cap Simconnect updates" setting, which is disabled by default, so by default, GSX works exactly as it always was.

So, your issue what that you initially haven't got the LAST update (which has been released April 5th), the one that made that setting optional (and disabled by default), but you were still with the previous one.

AirBorne

Re: Stutter on push back **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 03:41:13 am »
I noticed this problem recently as well. I'll try the proposed fix to see if things get normal again.