Author Topic: CTD P3DV4.2 w/GSX  (Read 2402 times)

downscc

CTD P3DV4.2 w/GSX
« on: April 03, 2018, 08:53:17 pm »
I have not had a problem with CTD events during a long haul flight (session times > 5 hr) in over a year but yesterday I experienced a repeatable problem in a PMDG 777 enroute EDDF-KSFO at the same location (148 nm before  6580N [65N 080W] about 4:38 enroute).  The faulting module was a stackhash_f04d with exception code c0000374 heap corruption.  I had a saved point about one hour earlier in route and on starting new P3D session and loading that saved scenario I would get the same CTD at the same location with the same error message information.

There is nothing remarkable about that location 148 nm East of 6580N, it is above Hudson Bay over open water, no time zone or boundary of any kind.  I am not using any map tracking software such as Navigraph but I am using ASP4, SODE and Couatl/GSX as addons during session.  My first troubleshooting step was to disable GSX from the P3D Addons menu after loading the scenario and I no longer had the CTD event. I enabled GSX before TOD and used it without problem at KSFO.

I don't understand how Couatl/GSX could be a problem but with it I had repeatable CTDs and with it disabled no CTD.  I am reporting this as simply an observation without any conclusions at this time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD P3DV4.2 w/GSX
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 12:29:16 pm »
I don't understand how Couatl/GSX could be a problem but with it I had repeatable CTDs and with it disabled no CTD.  I am reporting this as simply an observation without any conclusions at this time.

When you are flying between airports, GSX is not doing much, except checking if perhaps you entered a new airport, and it's asking the sim for the list of nearby airports, in case you'll need to preselect a gate before landing.

Are you able to provide the precise coordinates where the crash happens ? Maybe there's something strange in the airport data, such an unusual airport name or fix or navaid, that might cause the sim crashing when enquired ?

downscc

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 08:33:38 pm »
I could precisely define the event location and I couldn't find anything.  The nearest facility is about 200 nm SW (Coral Harbour YZS), there are no airspace boundaries and no time zone changes.  I updated the P3D scenery component to v4.2 because I couldn't think of anything else.  We'll see when or if it happens again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 12:18:33 pm »
Try to not the precise coordinates: perhaps there's a strangely-named airport or navaids there, which might cause the sim crashing when enquired about it.