Author Topic: GSX Automatically selecting services/crashing  (Read 2218 times)

Just Caliber

GSX Automatically selecting services/crashing
« on: April 03, 2018, 09:47:54 am »
This has been going on for a while now. Was in the previous version and now still in the new update. It has something to do with hotkeys set to views on Chaseplane, but I'm going to post here anyway. Its as if the keys are sticking.

Basically what happens is when I bring up the GSX menu, it will automatically select what ever number I last hit and start it automatically. If I want to push back, and I know I hit '1' which is Deboarding, then I will try to click '5' on my mouse and or keyboard and then GSX will crash. I can't win lol.

Crash log

couatl v3.2 (build 3983)
panic log started on Tue Apr  3 00:45:04 2018

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\youcontrol.py", line 64, in <lambda>
  File ".\common\youcontrol.py", line 95, in showContainer
IndexError: list index out of range
{'Airport': 'CYVR', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Main Terminal Pier D|Gate 73', 'User Pos': (49.19822218411476, -123.17565685594678, 8.43838 m, 4.13288 m, 157.00001992132226)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Automatically selecting services/crashing
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 12:36:21 pm »
This has been going on for a while now. Was in the previous version and now still in the new update.

Your error log shows you haven't updated, because you still have the previous version of Couatl. Run the Live Update to get it.

However, even running the Live Update, even if will prevent the error (since GSX will now ignore menu keys not relevant to it), it won't fix the issue of automatically selecting the service because, as explained so many times already on the forum, the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX and it's not fixable entirely from GSX, since it's a P3D 4.2 specific bug, which affects all 3rd party applications with a menu, like SODE, FS Passengers, and even LM own menu sample from the SDK.

LM is aware of it, and will surely fix it in the next update.

In the meantime, the only solutions are:

- Not pressing any key on the numeric keyboard before calling an app with a menu.

- Be sure no other application has anything assigned to those keys.

Just Caliber

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 09:39:29 pm »
Still nothing with the new update. it does it with AS16 too so it does appear to be outside of GSX completely. however, it still crashes with I try and predict the key for the service.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 10:12:20 am »
Still nothing with the new update.

Obviously, since GSX never had anything to do with this in the first place.

it does it with AS16 too so it does appear to be outside of GSX completely

Of course it does with EACH and EVERY Simconnect application that has a menu. That it was completely outside GSX was a sure thing, which we have explained so many times, since the bug first appeared, when P3D 4.2 came out.

however, it still crashes with I try and predict the key for the service.

No, it doesn't in the last update, because we are now ignoring all keys outside the range of the number of menu entries, so they will not do anything.

However, it will still automatically select a service if the key pressed it's inside the range of the available menu options because, that's another aspect of the bug: in addition to always have the whole set of keys active in the menu, regardless of the number of entries visible, instead of only reacting to the visible ones like it's supposed to do, there's the issue of the key being sent if you or something else pressed a numeric key *before* opening the menu, and this one we simply cannot do anything about it.